Recent content by sheninat0r

1. S

Delete this Thread - Already Done

https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/amazon-basics-optical-coax-dac-review.30339/
  2. S

Innovation in unexpected places: "off-ear" headphones with BMR in the Valve Index VR headset

I found this interesting blog post from Valve about the development of the audio solution in the Index VR headset. It uses the same balanced mode radiator technology as found in the well-regarded Philharmonic BMR Monitor and BMR Tower. I've had one of these headsets for a couple of years and I...
  3. S

Parts Express DIY C-Note Speaker Review

I got lazy and used a 1/2" rabbeting bit, which left a slightly oversized recess (~1/32" all around the woofer). If I were to do it again, I'd probably plug the hole and use a circle jig, or make/3D print some bearing spacers to get a perfect-sized rabbeting bit between 7/16" (too small) and...
  4. S

I followed ChrisP's suggestion from earlier in the thread: I mounted the tweeter and cut the cabinet and waveguide together in a single pass.
  5. S

I just finished building a pair of these, and I'm suitably impressed by the sound for the size and cost. This was my first speaker project and first attempt at veneer, very happy with how they turned out! I used the 0.22uF capacitor, added a dowel between the side panels, put a bit of stuffing...
Top Bottom