Recent content by Shazb0t

1. Shazb0t

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Magnius can be balanced in and out for its headphone output while it appears the Midgard headphone out is single ended.
  2. Shazb0t

Schiit Midgard Balanced Headphone Amp Review

Magnius has a true balanced output if that matters to you.
  3. Shazb0t

How much of an upgrade would Revel F228 Be speakers be over PSB Synchrony Ones?

Based on the measurements I've seen of the Synchrony One Towers, I wouldn't expect you to be blown away by the Revel's. They're both neutrally voiced speakers that make use of the Harman research.
  4. Shazb0t

SVS Ultra Evolution

I imagine they will measure decently. Previous products from SVS have shown they utilize measurements in their design process. I wonder what the final pricing will be. They've traditionally been a decent bang for the buck company.
  5. Shazb0t

Recommendation for closed back headphones, ~400$ budget

The E-MU's have ports in the cups that leak sound, so I'd definitely recommended that you try them out to see if the amount of sound leakage is acceptable for the environment you want to use them in.
  6. Shazb0t

Do RCA cables matter ? if so, recommend one.

If you're shopping on Monoprice for this adapter I would recommend that you go with this model: https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=9768 As noted by some other members, the thicker version is very stiff and the RCA connectors don't have great adhesion, especially on any gear that may move.
  7. Shazb0t

Broken HE6 - what to replace it with?

If the drivers still work I would inquire with HiFiMAN about buying new baffles and a headband. Then just replace those components on yours and continue using it.
  8. Shazb0t

Upgrade from Monitor Audio Silver RX2

Have you tried to address your issues with EQ?
  9. Shazb0t

Ascend Acoustics Announces New Klippel NFS-Optimized Sierra Towers and Horizon Center

I'm really debating upgrading my front three, RAAL Towers and RAAL Horizon, to the V2 or the ELX. Not really sure what I'm going to do. I guess I should call them up at some point to discuss this as well.
  10. Shazb0t

Schiit Modius E DAC Review

Balanced DAC with audibly transparent results made in America at the lowest price point available. There is nothing to complain about here. Voted "Great".
  11. Shazb0t

KEF LS 60 Wireless / Ascend Audio Sierra-LX / Geithain RL 921k - where is the first 9.0 speaker???

The Ascend Sierra LX was measured on a Klippel NFS by the company and there doesn't seem to be plausible reasoning to doubt the validity of their measurements.
  12. Shazb0t

Are they just selling the same driver several times? (Fostex TH-610)

If you're interested in this family of biocellulose driver headphones I would advise you to save some money and buy the removable cable version of the E-MU Teak. IMO, it's the best tuned headphone from this family...
  13. Shazb0t

Emotiva BasX A-100 Review (stereo amplifier)

Are you referring to noise with your headphones? I have the original a-100 miniX and a pair of Elac B6 as well and I don't think I can hear a noise floor at a normal distance.
  14. Shazb0t

Cable RCA / Jack for SMSL SP 200 THX 1 / LG G7 Think

Fair enough, misread. I changed my recommendation: https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/b01.html Or https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/b03.html
Top Bottom