Recent content by SharpEars

1. S

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

At 21.7 to 22.5 bits of distortion free sound, we are beyond the "superb" level. We have now reached the "exquisite" level of quality.
  2. S

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

Does anyone know how much latency the Deq2496 introduces when used analog to analog?
  3. S

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

Just read the following, and you will understand the "science" behind this device: Tice R-4 TPT & Coherence ElectroTec EP-C "Clocks"
  4. S

IFI - Pro iDSD Signature DAC - Would like to see it reviewed!

I would love to see the "IFI - Pro iDSD Signature DAC" get a proper ASR review. It is a $3,249 DAC and it would be interesting to see how it performs on Amir's "bench!" The DAC is even available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/iFi-Pro-iDSD-Signature-Entertainment/dp/B09C8J47KY ..., with a...
  5. S

Topping D10s + E1DA Cosmos ADC as a measuring system

Now if someone can just design a circuit to get S/PDIF out of this thing in the usual consumer format with a 0.5 V Peak-to-peak V. This should be doable, since the aforementioned signal is already being generated and made available on one of the pins of the internal ADC, only to get "discarded."...
  6. S

Are there disadvantages to very high but angled down main bookshelf speaker placement?

I need to mount a pair of bookshelf active monitors on a wall for my PC and because the entire front/left/right is covered with a two high stack of 32" computer monitor screens, in a 3 wide x 2 high configuration. I will be forced to use brackets to hold the speakers to walls, about two-three...
  7. S

Yulong D11?

I'd love to see this one reviewed here!
  8. S

A new expense threshold for pre-amp/amp stack

You're not suggesting that they "wire bypassed" all (active) circuitry to do their "best" measurements at unity gain, are you?
  9. S

A new expense threshold for pre-amp/amp stack

Based on the manual for their pre-amp L10 pre-amp product link: https://www.ch-precision.com/product/l10-dual-monaural-twin-chassis-line-preamplifier/# Link to the PDF manual for the product: https://www.ch-precision.com/download/l10-user-manual/?wpdmdl=6453&refresh=624afe6aaadb41649081962...
  10. S

Best spec ADC Chip currently.... ??

I am also interested in I2S output, not just USB from the Cosmos unit. That would really of interest to those of us that want to use the output digitally, either as I2s or convert to S/PDIF, AES/EBU, TOSLINK, etc...
  11. S

Behringer DEQ2496 Ultracurve Pro DSP Review

I have two DEQ2496 units. What good modern devices can I replace them with, that have similar functionality? I only need balanced inputs and S/PDIF outputs, and of course the functionality in the DEQ2496.
  12. S

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

How does the volume control work on the D90SE? Does it use the DAC chip's internal volume control (digital domain?) or does it do an external volume reduction in circuitry? Also, what are the attenuation steps? 0.5 dB? 1 dB? Also, since the volume control is defeatable, does having the volume...
  13. S

How to do loopback test of DAC/ADC on macOS?

So what was the result of the TRS port test, don't keep us in suspense :) !
  14. S

Making very small distortions/errors audible with music signals. Some examples.

Thank you very much for your detailed reply and analysis. I and I am sure other likeminded members really appreciate it - understanding where this program stands on the road to the true measurements of performance of a piece of audio gear.
  15. S

Making very small distortions/errors audible with music signals. Some examples.

Are there already equipment loopback plots using this tool on ASR?
Top Bottom