Recent content by Shanman

1. Shanman

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Seems a logical choice to pair with a Wiim Mini or Pro...
  2. Shanman

Schiit Freya S Preamplifier Review 2

The vents especially are so great, how did you cut the enclosure for them without warping?
  3. Shanman

That is completely bad ass!
  4. Shanman

Why don’t mass-market mfrs build affordable pre/pros?

With a recent experience of sending back an underwhelming Parasound P6, using an AVR for preamp duties are a lot more attractive for the price and features. Using an old legacy Adcom preamp does certainly make me appreciate a good solid stand alone preamp for sure though. Short of the Parasound...
  5. Shanman

TM Noble from Schiit responded to me when I asked if I could use a pair of the Freya S presets to an amp, and then another set to a powered sub. His reply was yes- "currently use a SVS subwoofer with my Freya S and a pair of KEF LS50's. Works just fine for me!" Hope this helps in some way.
  6. Shanman

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

The mahogany is the prettiest to me, I purchased a pair with stands for my father and was instantly jealous- sound and aesthetics.
  7. Shanman

Three channel amps

For what it's worth, I didn't even need a 3 channel but when I was paying attention to specs in the Monolith amps I noticed something interesting. The 3 channel gets a bigger toroidal than the 2 channel which makes sense. I chose to get the 3 channel to have the extra beefy toroidal for my 2.1...
  8. Shanman

Three channel amps

I find it crazy you were sent a B stock amp without any indication, bizarre. That being said, I wouldn't give up if you are tight on funds. Get three Outlaw 2220's, try to get another Monolith X3, or go right to ATI like others have suggested. There was a nice Anthem 3 channel I kept looking at...
  9. Shanman

WTS: Niles SI-2100 Stereo Amp

Make sure that sub is really 8 ohms, I killed a Niles 2100 running it bridged with a 4 ohm sub, which was likely dipping into lower ohms. Had I not stupidly bridged the Niles, it would have very well lived. The Outlaw 2200 that replaced it with is happy running the 4ohm sub now.
  10. Shanman

Three channel amps

I own the 3 channel Monolith, zero complaints. Has been running a pair of Snell towers for almost a year now without any issues whatsoever. Made by ATI. You could also run 3 monoblocks like the Outlaw 2220s. Those have been reviewed here and did well.
  11. Shanman

Cause of Listening Fatigue?

Listening fatigue= Klipsch:p:p
  12. Shanman

headphones for powerful bass

Let your fingers do the typing my friend, plenty of pictures online and a solid review here.
  13. Shanman

I would say absolutely. Super easy to drive too.
  14. Shanman

I'm not a super headphone savvy person, but my AKG 371's have good bass response for me. Much better than the Hifiman HE400i open backs I compared them to.
Top Bottom