Recent content by Shadrach1

1. S

Volts and Scanspeak custom monitors to KRK Rokit Gen 4 Model 5 to Genlec 8030C. A story of a complete system chosen on measurements.

I’ve read on a few threads contributors commenting that it would be helpful to have some comment from people who have owned the equipment in question. I’ve been reading ASR since it went online. I was a member here at one point a couple of years ago. I got so disgusted with the dogmatic and...
  2. S

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Perhaps it would be better to wait and read the post before commenting.
  3. S

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

Yes, I have. I'm making a reasonably detailed post about it. You may find it an interesting read when it's done. The downgrade was in financial terms and brought about by a change in my living circumstances. I went from a system where the original amplifier and a few cables was a similar price...
  4. S

Which DACs will play and display the correct bit rate and frequency of non resampled 320 CBR files?

I think this is why audio drivers have audio managing programs. They ensure this doesn't happen. With Deadbeef there used to be an option to tell ALSA to release the plugin resonsible for the audio playing on the music player and transfer the management to whatever plugin in, or core that...
  5. S

Which DACs will play and display the correct bit rate and frequency of non resampled 320 CBR files?

Anyway. I'm not positive about much of what I've written about decompression and it isn't really dealing with the question I asked. It would seem, now I understand better the difference between a dac and a streamer that the question is answered and the answer is no. I don't really need to know...
  6. S

I believe even in lossless the algorithms still make errors. If this is true then by definition the process is not exact.
  7. S

Yep, Audacity is a nice tool. It's showing its age a bit now and it doesn't win any user friendly awards but it's a powerful tool if you know how to use it to it's full potential, which I don't.
  8. S

I have very few mp3s. I'm going to try one. I've got a decent choice of conversion software. Sounding identical is what I'm after and for the number of mp3 files I have, disc space isn't an issue.
  9. S

Thanks. I understand about discarded samples and interpolation for both audio and video. I just want the dac to report on the display (It's the main reason I bought the Topping D10s, it has a screen on which the frequency is displayed. If it doesn't know, then rather than display possibly what...
  10. S

I think what I shall do is convert all my mp3 files to redbook. The harsh reality is these days I just cannot be arsed with the messng about with audio related problems. I want to press play and have sound come out of my speakers; preferable the sound from the track I had chosen at the correct...
  11. S

Regarding decompression algorithms. From what little I can recall of sampling theory and both compression and decompression algorithms, they are never "exact". They are always an approximation between values. In the case of digital audio those values are one and zero. There can be errors. I've...
  12. S

Hello Vincent. Thanks for taking the time to post. I must admit, I haven't visited your site for quite a few years. It used to be ASIO4all for windows based machines. I expect windows has finally brought in some other way of bypassing the audio stack by now. ASIO4all did work in most cases but...
  13. S

The same reason that I believe compression may alter the sound. Not all the algorithms yield perfect results.
Top Bottom