Recent content by Shadrach

1. Shadrach

Bands you just didn't 'get' initially

Captain Beefheart. I liked The Spotlight Kid when it came out. Tried a couple of other albums and didn't bother listening further. Sat down and had a long listen through the speakers one day and my view has changed.
  2. Shadrach

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

The internet is full of reviewers. There are those who do it professionally all the way to the buyer adding a review to an Amazon purchase; as an example one reviewer saying a particular well thought of single malt tasted like paint stripper. He, I assume, would have to have had some experience...
  3. Shadrach

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

It seems to me that the way to resolve this matter is to do as you have indicated you intend to and take the matter to court. This trading of messages on a public forum with the resultant yobbish contributions from all sides seems very unbecoming in my view. Not only does it not give a...
  4. Shadrach

Feel it in the chest track.

not so much a chest thump but a rather nice bass line.
  5. Shadrach

Genelec 8020D + subwoofer 7040 or Genelec 8030

I found getting the subs off the floor took the annoyance away. I don't listen loud in my 4m x 3m x 2.2m living room, but I do like a tunefull bass and to hear the pedal hit the skin on the bass drum.
  6. Shadrach

Genelec 8020D + subwoofer 7040 or Genelec 8030

Genelec 8030C and at least one 7050 sub. I tried 8030Cs without a sub and eventually bought one and then another 7050 sub. It's not what the subs do for the sub bass (below 85Hz with this combination). it's the load they take off the 8030C bass drive unit that made the most noticable improvement.
  7. Shadrach

Spending big bucks on HiFi Audio

I don't spend huge amounts of money on stereo equipment because I haven't got huge amounts of money.:p What spare money I do have I spend of these feathered nutters and growing food.
  8. Shadrach

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

I would like to be able to say I'm surprised at the lack of respect shown to our host, but I'm not. He's invested a lot of money and time in this site which we all benefit from free of charge. He tolerates a lot more than many site owners I know of. The site I spend most of my net time on...
  9. Shadrach

Classic Integrated Amplifiers!

Not sure if these qualify. Exposure XXV RC. Used this amp for decades. I've still got it packed away. Kit build from Quantum Electronics. Din sockets! The power amp in the picture is the 207DA, not the 202 in the add. Just to put it all in perspective...:p Triumph Trophy 250cc.:cool:
  10. Shadrach

Spirits, what you drinking...

Thanks. It's a bit expensive for a tryout. I'll bear it in mind should I find I like bourbon. Thanks. I've seen this here at a reasonable price.
  11. Shadrach

Spirits, what you drinking...

What bourbon that I'm likely to be able to get in the UK would you recommend?
  12. Shadrach

Response curves and why your doing it wrong.

Unfortunately the analogy of a womens body shape and prefered sound curves seems to have gone down like a lead balloon. My bad.:D Like many here in the later years of life, my hearing isn't what it used to be. Not only have I lost high frequency hearing, each ear has suffered in a non symetrical...
  13. Shadrach

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

Considering the price and the measurements this is a great little loud speaker. Well done @AscendDF What I'm not so pleased about is amirm's review and some of the comments in the thread. I don't know what people expect. AscendDF have made a major effort to produce a well measuring speaker at a...
  14. Shadrach

What's been your experience with SMSL/Topping reliability & warranty support?

I've had a Topping D10s for a couple of years now. I gets used daily. It performs way beyond my hearing capabilities. I would have bought something cheaper but the display is very handy if a bit information limited. I had the opportunity to compare side by side with a RME AD2-DAC FS and I...
Top Bottom