Recent content by Shadrach

1. Shadrach

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

I tell you what @amirm cancel my account here. The best advice I can offer is you all go and join Mr Trump in a prayer meeting. Good luck to you all.
  2. Shadrach

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

There are a range of vaccines for the common flu virus. Each year the virologists pick a vaccine that they believe will work best for the virus mutation. So no, one doesn't have a vaccine against it. It's a best fit scenario with differing levels of success for various mutations.
  3. Shadrach

This. It is the response that will determine the death rate; not the virulence of the disease, not it's exponential growth, no matter to what power that growth is. A recent example of dealing with a virus in another species can be seen in the measures taken against Newcastle's disease that...
  4. Shadrach

I'm not sure if I should take this comment seriously or not. Probably best to assume you're joking.
  5. Shadrach

This illustrate one of the problems with the curve flattening strategy. It only works if the flattened curve doesn't exceed the provision of health care. As soon as the health care system fails, the model is useless. Some might argue that instead of pouring billion of dollars into the economy a...
  6. Shadrach

They will lay eggs eventually, or at least some will and they're edible. I think some people may be looking at the longer term.:p
  7. Shadrach

There is quite a variation in mortality rates. The article explains why.
  8. Shadrach

Yesterday, in the village nearest to where I live, two people died who will go towards the Covid-19 statistics. One women who was 97 years old with no other reported health problems and one man 82 who had diabetes and heart problems. Someone will make a judgment on cause of death. At 97 years...
  9. Shadrach

This is the case for much of the scientific/medical evidence that policy decisions are being made on.
  10. Shadrach

We are always working with incomplete data. When I was taking my first degree science was defined roughly as an attempt to understand the world around us using empirical methods. Perhaps when you did your science degree there was a different definition.
  11. Shadrach

My point is that there were and have been inoculations for some flu viruses and they effect the mortality rate of earlier epidemics that may have a comparable effect to the isolation policy currently being used to reduce the infection rate.
  12. Shadrach

I have someone close to myself infected and currently in hospital. You're post is offensive and ignorant.
  13. Shadrach

There have for other viruses been inoculations which have prevented some deaths. You would need data to make a comparison.
  14. Shadrach

So if at the end of the Covid-19 epidemic there are less than 80,000 deaths, what then?
Top Bottom