Recent content by Shadow12347

1. Shadow12347

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

Great find! As I mentioned a page or so back, we bought 4 of these for work, and I was having the same problem. I finally had time to work on setting everything up and I found it was happening on all of them. I'm at work waiting on someone still, so I figured I'd try this out. For the driver...
  2. Shadow12347

SMSL SU-1 Stereo DAC Review

At work we use Motu M2's to drive one of our products, and I needed a cheaper device with good sound quality to give to my test VMs (via PCIe Passthrough) and feed each VM's output into a Motu 16A. We bought four of these, and I just set up the first one. It seems to sound/work quite well. My...
  3. Shadow12347

Greenwave 2500i AC Filter Review

Correct. The other half of it is due to potential health concerns: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27012122/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26686296/ https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/34402382/ https://www.researchgate.net/publication/348563155_EFFECTS_OF_ELECTROMAGNETIC_FIELD_ON_HUMAN_BODY...
  4. Shadow12347

Let me answer your question with another question. Why does EMI Emissions Compliance exist?
  5. Shadow12347

While not particularly helpful for audio, I wouldn't jump to conclusions about health so quickly. EMI actually is harmful, and electronics should be designed to reduce it's emission/transmission as much as possible. Here's an article from Cadence on EMI and its relation to PCB design...
  6. Shadow12347

Does Quality of Coax Input Matter for DACs?

Hmm, it sounds like a lot of additional work is required to recover a signal from coax/toslink as opposed to USB (or maybe I'm misunderstanding). What effect would using one digital transport over another have on delay going from PC > DAC > Amp > Headphones (for example)? Similarly, how much...
  7. Shadow12347

Schiit Vali 2+ Review (Tube Headphone Amp)

Ahh memories... Before I found this site, my first DAC and amp was a Schiit Modi 2 with a Vali. Kept hearing about that tube magic... In comparison to my mobo soundcard, yeah I think it was certainly better, especially with nicer headphones that the soundcard couldn't drive to acceptable levels...
  8. Shadow12347

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Oh man... This is so tempting... I have an E30/L30 for work, and the DAC here is better, plus I'd be able to only have one device on my desk, and only one RCA going to my speakers... Question, how do you switch between headphone out and rear RCA/XLR (and vice versa)? Is it when you plug in...
  9. Shadow12347

HD800S - painfully bright?

Ah sorry, I assumed for PC. There is a JRiver app for Android (separate from JRemote), but it's been in beta for a long time, and doesn't have anywhere near the feature set of the desktop app, or the usability of literally any other audio app for Android haha. I mostly use UAPP, but that...
  10. Shadow12347

HD800S - painfully bright?

Have you tried JRiver? That's what I use at work and at home, and I have yet to find anything else that can compare to it's feature set. I use the StereoTool/Thimeo Perfect Declipper VST, which works great in that as well. I wanted to go Roon, but just couldn't part with VST support, so...
  11. Shadow12347

Loxjie A30 Amplifier Review

I just received mine in the mail today, and hooked it up and I did notice the sub was significantly louder than it was previously. I had plenty of room to turn it down to the right level though. That said, I am using optical, not USB. Besides that not other volume issues. It can get plenty loud...
  12. Shadow12347

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

Haha, yeah I really had a similar experience when I got the Dunu's, but unfortunately for me, they were expensive... And uncomfortable lol. Sound was great so I tried to manage for a long while before I gave up :facepalm:. Took a hiatus, and then tried again with the Starfields and boy am I glad...
  13. Shadow12347

Yeah that makes sense. Seal matters so much, and it isn't easy to tell if the seal is right when you aren't actually wearing them yourself (among many other problems I'm sure). As for headphones, I have plenty, so when the time comes, I could send as many as you're interested in measuring. I...
  14. Shadow12347

Here are my headphones/earphones. I have various cables for most: HEADPHONES -Drop Ether CX (Removed stock dampening from within earpads, also have tuning kit) -Audeze LCD-2 (Original w/ Fazor, Shedua Wood. Bought B stock, but in great condition) -Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro (Stock) -Drop TH-X00...
  15. Shadow12347

Amazon Fire 7 Review

Infected Mushrooms, eh? It makes me happy to see that :p If I might make a suggestion, there's another song by them that I find to be quite good for comparing different qualities of audio. Check out Scorpion Frog from the Converting Vegetarians album. It has a really nice bass-line for testing...
Top Bottom