Recent content by Sgidora

1. S

Kef Reference 1 vs LS50M w subs

At the current prices, and from what I’ve heard people say, I’m not sure I could see justifying the price of the Reference One Meta over the LS50 Meta + dual KC62 subs.
  2. S

KEF Reference and Blade Meta announced, but where is the R Meta?????

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't something like the MiniDSP SHD be a perfect fit for this use case? I also ask, because I'm currently trying to decide an upgrade path from the LS50s that I have right now, for between $5k-10k. Torn between LS50 Meta + KC62 (x2?) + MiniDSP SHD, or...
  3. S

All of this is pointing me (gently) towards LS50 Meta’s and combining them with a sub (or two). I’m not sure where exactly I’ll be living next year but it’ll likely be an apartment with not a huge amount of space. Besides the size/space matching, I’m starting to get the feeling that at least...
  4. S

Kef to announce new products?

Care to give us any more info at all? Which series are being refreshed? Is it just addition of meta or a whole overhaul? When will these products be announced, and when will they be available?
  5. S

Kef to announce new products?

I'm holding out on purchasing a new pair of stand mounts (Ref 1 or LS50 Meta + dual KC62) with the hope of a new Reference line being announced. I've been asking around but not getting any good info. Wavesharp you've given me some hope! Now it's just a waiting game... hoping the new series gets...
  6. S

No it’s good! I’m happy to hear any and all thoughts related to the topics at hand. Honestly I just wish I could go and hear the LS50 meta and R3 and Reference 1 all in one place. I’m in Montreal/Toronto though and I don’t know of any places to demo, sucks that there aren’t more shops that carry...
  7. S

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed!
  8. S

I mean if you add dual KC62 subs to the LS50M then you're up to ~$6000 compared to $8000 for the Ref 1. Add on to that the the former are 7 years newer than the Ref 1s and I think it's a totally fair comparison. If anyone has heard both please do chime in. Thanks so much!
  9. S

Hello all! Sorry if this post is similar to discussions already had, I’ve read through everything and couldn’t quite find the info I was looking for. I’m looking to upgrade from my KEF LS50 speakers that I’ve owned for about 6 years. I’m currently running them with an Arcam A49, and am looking...
  10. S

Measurement of R2R DAC

Fair! Hopefully someone gets around to sending you one sometime. Although it seems unlikely for there to be any big surprises... I have the THX 789 on order after reading your review (was lucky to snag one from the last order batch) and really want to pair a DAC with matching aesthetics. I just...
  11. S

Measurement of R2R DAC

Any chance that there is a Massdrop x Airist Audio R-2R review coming? Has anyone been in contact about sending a unit in for measurements?
Top Bottom