Recent content by Sergio Tavares

1. Sergio Tavares

Audeze LCD2C Headphone Amp Suggestions

Hi, I finally did pull the trigger on the Audeze LCD2C. I usually use them if I am working on the laptop with a ifi Nano iDSD (1st Edition) for listening mainly Spotify premium quality. If I want to chill, and if the Mrs and kids are already in bed I go to the living room and put my laptop...
  2. Sergio Tavares

Dec 2018, you have less than $500 to spend on a DAC and amp or a combo for headphone listening, what's best?

Hello The LCD2 is a pre-fazor. I am still on the fence about it. I was (am?) gonna buy it also blind. It was an opportunity to gave them at the same price as the classics.
  3. Sergio Tavares

Dec 2018, you have less than $500 to spend on a DAC and amp or a combo for headphone listening, what's best?

Thank you again Amir. Not trying to push on your patience, do you reckon the DX30PRO (as a DAC) superior to the D10 - apart from the capability of decoding higher resolution DSD files? Also, your suggestion above is interesting: SMSL SU-8 is on the same price range the DX30Pro is. Would the...
  4. Sergio Tavares

Thank you Amir. Do you see any other interesting alternatives (either all-in-one or DAC + Amp) that I did not covered, that are advisable for the HE400i? Also, there might be an opportunity in future to switch the HE400i for a Audeze LCD-2. IS DX30 Pro still adequated to it?
  5. Sergio Tavares

Ok, thanks to those who have replied already. Because it is "bare", I am not that keen on the Kadas option, and as for the CA suggestion, that seemed way more expensier than the alternatives... I did a quick comparison (cost-wise) online, including cables and (where needed) a mounting rack and...
  6. Sergio Tavares

Hi all I am also facing the same choices (sort of...) I'd like to know however what would be the benefits vs drawbacks of chosing some sets from others: My initial preference was the A30+D30 stack from Topping. Then I read about the high impendance output from the A30, even if accordingly to...
  7. Sergio Tavares

DAC/Amp Combo suggestion - Inputs welcomed!

Happy new year to everyone! After my quest for a portable combo of nice IEM's + Portable DAC/Amp (which ended up in acquiring the iBasso IT01 + Topping NX4 DSD), it's now time to go after the DAC + Amp Combo form desktop use at home. They'll be driving a set of HIFIMAN's HE400i headphones. I...
  8. Sergio Tavares

Looking for a new quality budget IEM's + portable DAC/Amp - suggestions welcomed

Hi all, New to the forum and a newbie in audio stuff here. I am looking for a new combo IEM's + Portable DAC/AMP to yse while travelling. Audio source would be FLAC files / Spotify streaming through a Android mobile phone (Samsung Galaxy Note 8). My current hardware is a second hand IFI Nano...
Top Bottom