Recent content by serendipitydawg

1. serendipitydawg

Expectations vs. results

Out of curiosity : what were the 6 LPs you bought ?
  2. serendipitydawg

Topping E30 II DAC Review

If the e30 II works with a wide variety of coax & toslink sources (which the e30 DOESN'T) & this matters to you, I think you do. I am contemplating upgrading for exactly this reason.
  3. serendipitydawg

I emailed the UK distributor for Topping. They said that they have ordered stock of the E30 II, but that Topping haven't shipped them yet.
  4. serendipitydawg

From hifigo.com "Upgraded Digital Input With Digital Processing:- Instead of the CS8416 Digital Input chip as used in the OG E30, the latest E30 II comes with a specially designed Digital Processing circuit for digital coaxial and optical inputs. Topping states, “We have achieved a more stable...
  5. serendipitydawg

And whether the SP/DIF inputs (Toslink & coax) allow a far wider selection of older CD & DVD players to input a signal without the problems of the last incarnation of the E30
  6. serendipitydawg

Look at post11 in this thread where John Yang is moderately optimistic that issues are resolved. Enough, I'm sure you would agree, for me to say "apparently".
  7. serendipitydawg

Find your own quote. The product page for this new version IMHO "appears" to address the "Toslink issue". I merely expressed an opinion. Please tell us your opinion instead of demanding a "quote"
  8. serendipitydawg

Topping produced the E30 II. I too have an E30 with "Toslink issues ". The new model appears to correct these "issues"
  9. serendipitydawg

Topping E30 DAC Review

I wonder if this Mk II model solves the SP/DIF input issues ?
  10. serendipitydawg

Help, DAC E30 - AK4118 chip or CS8416?

Thanks for replying ! Did you glean this info from other posts or do you have an E30?
  11. serendipitydawg

Anyone know the answer to my question ?
  12. serendipitydawg

I have a chance to buy a second-hand E30 with a serial number starting 2102. AK4118 chip or CS8416?
  13. serendipitydawg

Jitter with topping e30

So did this issue just go away or did it just run out of steam ? I have an E30 with the Cirrus chip & I found it's incompatibility with Cd & DVD players I already possessed deeply irritating. However, I am able to make full use of all the inputs on my E30. Into the coax input I feed the output...
  14. serendipitydawg

Sorry to contradict you, but I have a recent production Topping E30 with a CS8416 & it doesn't play nice with all Toslink sources. Works fine with the Realtek Digital Output from my fanless NUC but has issues with the Toslink output of a vintage upmarket Pioneer DVD player.
  15. serendipitydawg

I'm in the same boat. Not totally disappointed ; my cheap Sony Blu-ray plays OK & also the Realtek Digital Output (Toslink) on my fanless NUC
Top Bottom