Recent content by sep

1. S

Multi-channel Signal Routing: analog vs digital

This looks very promising, thank you. Reasonably priced too, when you consider the price and hassle of audio interfaces/cabling
  2. S

Multi-channel Signal Routing: analog vs digital

My company has started nstalling and running setups with two niche conditions: A) multichannel audio from a computer to multiple amps to multiple speakers. Switching the input to a non-computer source is desired (eg. sometimes just have a stereo input from another source that goes out to all...
  3. S

Best way to mix/pre-amp four lavalier mics (and how to duplicate the mic's output pre-mixer)?

Thank you! I wonder what the use case for the regular VXLR without power is? Your idea about the mixer sounds good, except that we wanted to split the audio of *each* iPhone, not just their mixed output. But we might end up not doing this after all...
  4. S

Best way to mix/pre-amp four lavalier mics (and how to duplicate the mic's output pre-mixer)?

Based on my small amount of research I'd need to convert the 3.5mm input to XLR. This converter scales phantom power down to plug-in power: This one doesn't convert phantom power and is less expensive. Apparently, using this adapter with phantom power on is dangerous so it'd have to be turned...
  5. S

stress test problem: amp not outputting sound. Re-plugging the input fixes this

Hey, thanks for your reply. Yeah, we got three cheap stereo amps which I'm sure have been one of the problems from the start, just because doing so was way less expensive than getting one amp that outputs 6 channels. Can I ask for some recommendations? amps & interface: Why is a digital input...
  6. S

We're thinking of testing it with a different audio interface, the MOTU MK3 Lite Hybrid, which doesn't require the DAC. We're also planning on replacing the Little Bear audio switches with Behringer Mini-Mixers. Here's the plan for that. If you see any problems, let me know! The main suspects...
  7. S

Easy way to duplicate a 1/4" mono cable's signal to both channels of a stereo (trc) 1/4" cable?

Are there adapters for this? I guess I could do it by putting one of these into one of these. Just wondering if there's another way.
  8. S

Yes, for channels 5&6 we're using this adapter. @AnalogSteph Sometimes the problem affects pairs 1&2 and 3&4 though, which don't use the DAC.
  9. S

I've set up an installation with my company where the computer outputs sound through a 6ch audio interface into three 2ch audio switches into three 2ch amps into 6 speakers. The computer gets reset often while the amps remain on. Sometimes, there is no sound from one of the amps (speaker pairs)...
  10. S

Recommendations for a 6-8ch power amp and audio interface?

The Dayton DTA-120 randomly doesn't work if you leave it on a long time. Considering the following options instead: SAMSON Servo 200 CLASSIC PRO CPL150 BEHRINGER KM750 (@spacevector 's ecommendation)
  11. S

Japan! The Behringer seems to be available here. It's about twice as much as the Dayton DTA-120, I wonder if it sounds much better.
  12. S

So we did some tests today using the JBL Control 65P. We tried it with a cheapo amp (Dayton Audio DTA-120) and with the Crown CT4150. The difference is of course noticeable but the price difference is huge. According to the sales rep, Crown XLS-1002 and JBL Pro CSA-2120 produce a similar sound...
  13. S

Is it OK to externally cut the power on an audio interface (and what about more amps)?

The sales rep today said that with the 8150 there's no such danger
  14. S

Thinking of trying three of these. The manufacturer recommends the much more powerful and expensive CROWN XLS 1002, but maybe we don't need that... Just tested an amp similar to the Dayton, but more powerful (150w) with the Yamaha VXC4W (NOISE 30w, PGM 60w, Max 120w) and setting the volume knob...
Top Bottom