Recent content by Sel53

1. S

Starkrimson® Ultra Amplifier Modules -- 250/500W into 8/4ohm

Hi folks, I haven't seen this anywhere ... do we know what the Ultra output power will be into loads less than 4 ohms? For instance, speakers that dip to 2 - 2.5 ohms at lower frequencies? Thanks
  2. S

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Thanks for the link. So it seems the AP analyzer is quite capable of properly decoding the Toslink digital input into the digital domain. But it also seems that really doesn’t show the quality of the Toslink signal itself from the device, upon which a DAC relies and hence may or may not render...
  3. S

A Toslink signal is an SPDIF signal, right? So I would expect the spectrum to be 2+MHz, not 1kHz. Something decoded the Toslink and made an audio signal. What did that? Maybe an SPDIF signal analyzer?
  4. S

My apologies for the simple question… What is the signal actually being measured for the “Toslink digital out” signal? Is it the Toslink being fed through a reference DAC, or something else? It sure doesn’t look like a a Toslink signal itself, but like an audio signal. If it is a reference...
  5. S

Review and Measurements of Yamaha WXA-50 Streaming Amp

Edit … I missed that you were referring to using the Aux Out and wanted EQ. On the diagrams it looks like the Aux In feeds the Aux Out directly, prior to digitizing. There is a lot of re-routing that the unit can do under software control, but I have not tried what you asked. What I said...
Top Bottom