Recent content by SEKLEM

1. SEKLEM

JBL SDR-35 AVR Review

I think my 20 year old mid range Yamaha RX-V659 performs better in noise and power and I paid 60 bucks for it.
  2. SEKLEM

Parasound 2125 V.2 Amplifier Review

Went back and compared to the Niles SI-275, in basically all metrics I can see other than power, the Niles beats the "audiophile" brand. LOL
  3. SEKLEM

Argon SA1 Amplifier Review

I like the style of this as well. Nice features for the price with a known brand. It's far from "broken". OH, clever bastards! I thought this was an Aragon. Shame on them for gas lighting me with "Argon". MAD!!!
  4. SEKLEM

Outlaw 2220 Review (Monoblock Amplifier)

I trust the headroom on the Outlaw more, as well as performance overall. Historically ICEPower is "acceptable" at best, nowhere near leading edge of modern Class D amplification.
  5. SEKLEM

I'm quite fond of the Linn's soft start feature. If I start playing music it doesn't miss anything. It wakes up immediately. When I first bought it I didn't realize it had this feature.
  6. SEKLEM

I have a Linn C4400 and Niles SI-275 that works this way. Selectivity varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Thankfully the Linn, despite having no 12V trigger has a very sensitive signal sense and soft power on. You don't even notice it, no relays clicking or audio pop. The Niles on the...
  7. SEKLEM

JL Audio HD900/5 Review (Car Amplifier)

Maybe this has been discussed in one of these car audio amp review/threads, but is it possible the reason why these amps perform so well because of the exclusion of a integral or included subpar power supply? I imagine Amir's power source is incredibly clean compared to what is found in most...
  8. SEKLEM

Denon AVR-X3700H AVR Review

I've been using the on-board amplifiers of the Yamaha receiver I have and it's been plenty for me. In fact the RX-V659 has abundant clean 2 channel power according to the benchtest done by Audioholics. I keep the Niles around because it's handy for testing.
  9. SEKLEM

Revel M106 vs. stock Linn Katan

I would describe the sound signature of the Katan as more forward and bright in comparison to the M106. The sweet spot is narrower, but once you're in the center image is more "holographic" than the M106, in so far as it's more believable that there's someone standing between the speakers...
  10. SEKLEM

I can unequivocally say that's not correct. Driver material is one facet. In fact I find the Revel's upper frequency reproduction very smooth. The peakiness is occurring below the tweeter's operating range.
  11. SEKLEM

I might try this, don't know exactly when, but it's worth investigating. Level matched and blind of course.
  12. SEKLEM

This is the funniest thing I’ve read today.
  13. SEKLEM

Tried to create my own BBC dip, didn't work out the way I wanted. I don't have all the measurement equipment, knowledge, and patience.
  14. SEKLEM

Teac's Hypex Amps

The XTZ uses icePower instead of Hypex, which is definitely leagues ahead of icePower.
  15. SEKLEM

Teac's Hypex Amps

I noticed several typos in their literature. Not a confidence builder, which is sad, because I love this stuff.
Top Bottom