Recent content by Sedyn

1. S

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

I was googling around but unable to find, when/why/how did you do this test.
  2. S

Do you happen to have a link to the info. I’d almost like a tutorial on this thing. So much info and jargon. Thank you in advance if so!
  3. S

Thank you for a great starting point. I agree I’d like it to be transparent as a base line. I’ll go through the manual and figure this thing out. There is a ton to learn.
  4. S

Is there a thread for people to share what settings they are using? I’m not sure if there is a standard way to determine the best settings to use for what application. Or is it all trial and error?
  5. S

I got mine from the vendor listed in the review (in Europe), and it was a flawless transaction. Very affordable price (844 Euro) to my door. They included both the EU and US power cords as well, maybe usefull if I wanted to resell it, but a nice touch regardless.
  6. S

So, first thing first. I have never had a DAC of this caliber before. Initial impression after spending 2 minutes setting it up(I'll tweak more in time) plugging my Focal Elex into it. Mind blowing. Literal goose bumps. I have never heard anything in the comfort of my home with a reproduction...
  7. S

DAC types and their sonic signature

Maybe just email them your results and ask to be fairly compensated for your time or you will be forced to find compensation via public release of said results. It’s not hush money, it’s a consulting fee.
  8. S

Wow, ok. Ok. So 6moon has an interview where these things are claimed to be measurable. Sooo Has @amirm measured them? Edit: I’m not trying to be an ass. If there is any truth to the aspect of the story that they are some secret tech developed for the Navy I’m pretty sure you wouldn’t be...
  9. S

Ok I’ll ask, is that a joke page?
  10. S

Review and Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC

Thank you. I have powered bookshelf speakers with their own sub out as a 2.1. It’s on a PC. Making sure I’m doing it right.
  11. S

I appreciate the information. I will have to pass the amp along I believe. I may ask for a refund but feel a little guilty asking.
  12. S

My primary headphones are 80 ohm, the Massdrop x Focal Elex. I also have Sennheiser HD 650 and would like a better set down the road. The amp I bought provides 1W @ 32 ohms, 250 mW at 300 ohms but has the been measured yet. It also only has 1/4” output. Still preproduction. Soooooo... If I...
  13. S

Understood. Looking at the specs it seems like under most circumstances there isn’t much justification for a headphone amp. In my case I preordered a headphone amp based on using another DAC, but then returned my DAC and ended up ordering a ADI-2, which ended up being a version 2. So now I’m...
  14. S

What would be the ideal specs to look for in an amp to match with the ADI-2 DAC? Maybe I should ask what’s are people using?
  15. S

I can’t wait for mine. Using this junk sound card knowing my ADI2 is still a month out, while my TCA HPA-1 is likely the same timeframe is excruciating.
Top Bottom