Recent content by Se7enAtx

1. Se7enAtx

The Florida International Audio Expo 2024

Thanks for sharing. The introduction price here in the US was 12.5K and is 14,950 now. When I look at other HIFI products, it always seems like they're introducing a 0.2 model or an incrimental esthetic update to justify pricing increases. In the US, we're doing everything we can to resist...
  2. Se7enAtx

In the US that's certainly not the case, especially after importation costs. We can't offer anything like 50% to our dealers and where we do have dealers, they get most of the margin, but in turn ask that they support their clients with setup and tuning, which is too much work for most, who...
  3. Se7enAtx

The price has gone up a staggering $2500 in 6 years despite the many platform updates the company has made over the years. I laugh at these types of comments about price increases especially when you look at the price of everything else in the current economy. Imagine the price of the 8c if...
  4. Se7enAtx

Over something like the Sound Anchor or Core Audio Design? I really don't think so. He also happens to be an Acora dealer. If you think their stands are expensive, try pricing out their speakers and I don't necessarily think that they perform better than 8c either.
  5. Se7enAtx

I'm pretty sure those are the $5k Acora stands modified for the 8c.
  6. Se7enAtx

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

If you're based in the US, please contact us directly at [email protected] Given the age it's hard to tell what sort of service your particular speakers have been in but there's nothing on the 8c that can't be serviced or resolved.
  7. Se7enAtx

Dutch&Dutch add ‘uBacch’ to their 8C active loudspeaker

Chiming in here. I realize that most of your questions are oriented around Bacch, but I feel I should call out that we're talking about two different things here. How will the 8c work in your space vs. how well Bacch will work in your space. Judging from your pics, the 8c should work incredibly...
  8. Se7enAtx

The issue with Pink noise is likely that it's a mono source. Mono technically works in opposition of Crosstalk Cancelation, as an identical signal is playing through both channels.
  9. Se7enAtx

It sounds like your room setup my play very well to the Bacch's strengths. I believe that the trial is 14 days. You shouldn't need to pull the speakers closer together. Whether or not it's worth it comes down to if it works in your room, you enjoy the sound and whether or not your musical...
  10. Se7enAtx

I use the term "near-field" in the acoustic sense. Nearfield is when there is more direct sound coming from the speakers than the room. Far-field is when there is more reflected sound than direct. That's the acoustic definition. Technically there is no mid-field, although some companies may...
  11. Se7enAtx

Fair enough.. The cheap experiment is always to pull a chair up and listen near-field, at least to get a sense of what the technology is doing.
  12. Se7enAtx

The trick really comes down to how your listening space is setup. I've run Bacch in three different listening rooms over the past few years, and what has worked with all 3 of them isn't that they were anechoic or heavily treated, but more critically, that I was sitting in the acoustic nearfield...
  13. Se7enAtx

Follow this link. If you scroll down, you'll see the direct links to the appropriate Ascend version...
  14. Se7enAtx

@Keith, if you're connected to the 8c via Ascend (8c local from your laptop), you should have the ability to toggle u-bacch on and off without rolling your firmware. The mobile app doesn't currently support toggling (pre-bacch). For others curious about bacch, room setup is pretty important...
  15. Se7enAtx

Amir's 2023 Pacific Audio Fest Report Day 2

I can only speak to the DD8C, but will say that it is highly serviceable, with most repairs being possible in the field, including by owners with some very basic skills. The entire electronics package can be changed out in less than 5 minutes, and despite the fact that we don't use surface...
Top Bottom