Recent content by SDMatt

1. S

Subwoofer DSP and AVR room correction

I recommend configuring the DSP on your sub and maximizing its performance first. Once you have it dialed in, then run DIRAC on the Onkyo TX-RZ50 and make your adjustments there. That's how I managed my setup and I am very happy with how it turned out.
  2. S

Integra DRX-8.4

This is an exciting announcement and good competition for the industry. An RZ50 plus miniDSP 2x4 HD/UMIK-1 is still way more affordable but the inclusion of updated DACs and Balanced INs/OUTs makes this very intriguing. I am anxious to see how it measures and performs.
  3. S

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Amirm measures the Onkyo TX-RZ50 with a SINAD of 97. Innocent question: Is this measurement of SINAD audibly unfavorable? Can a SINAD of 97 be audibly distinguished from a product with a SINAD of 100?
  4. S

Does it have a feature that disables the internal amplification? Pretty sure no. Would it make an audible difference if it did? I have no idea. I am not an audio engineer. I am just an enthusiast that knows what sounds good to my ears. I am using my Onkyo TX-RZ50 as a preamp paired with a...
  5. S

I have had it 6+ months now and I am really enjoying my Onkyo TX-RZ50. No third party adapter needed to enjoy 4K/120 content. No need to wait and pay extra for a DIRAC upgrade. Everything works exactly as advertised. I rip all my music on to an SSD in a lossless uncompressed format and plug the...
  6. S

A question about order of operation: I have 3 subwoofers that I want to connect to my Onkyo TX-RZ50 using a MiniDSP 2x4HD. Should I run DIRAC 1st and then make adjustments in the MiniDSP using REW? Or should I make all my subwoofer adjustments in the MiniDSP using REW 1st then run DIRAC? Does...
  7. S

Are there any decent AVR's out there?

The only component I know of that offers DIRAC and pre-outs at $1400 is Onkyo/Pioneer Elite/Integra. Throw in 4K/120hz or 8k/60hz over HDMI and it is the current receiver to beat. Nothing else currently on the market offers that combination of features at that price point.
  8. S

Finally got set-up. I am running my Onkyo TX-RZ50 as a pre/pro with the audio going out of the preamp outs directly into my Class D power amp from D-Sonic. My power amp has 7 channels and each channel runs 400 watts at 8 ohms. Dirac is magic and absolutely lives up to the hype. My set-up has...
  9. S

Look who arrived at their new forever home! For the record: Paid for on 1/7/2022; Delivered 4/18/2022. Let the fun begin...
  10. S

I ordered the TX-RZ50 several weeks ago and can‘t wait for it to arrive. Very excited. I will be using it as a pre/pro and pairing it with a D-Sonic Class D Power Amp. Anxious to experience the magic of Dirac for myself. Nice to see the review is positive for the preamp output voltage.
  11. S

D-SONIC Amplifiers M3a-6100-7 Seven Channel Amplifier / M3a-1500M Mono Amplifier

I purchased the D-Sonic M3a-2800-7 in Oct 2021 and have been enjoying it ever since. Very transparent. Very powerful. No issues and does exactly what it’s intended. I have owned amps in the past that were a touch on the warm side and ones that were so flat they sounded sterile. But the D-Sonic...
Top Bottom