Recent content by sdiver68

1. S

What’s the perfect size for a hi-fi room?

We doesn't have to include you. If you don't understand that, we are not the problem. Picking on pronouns only distracts from the topic and suppresses expression of perspective.
  2. S

BMR Tower vs Revel F328Be Compared

Except if we are doing this, F206/208 have to be considered...completely negating or even favoring Revel offerings in the price category. Objectively, it's hard to see in the data where the Be build adds much to the F series. Subjectively some people say night and day but I cannot comment since...
  3. S

Veneer over existing speaker cabinet

I decided to just buy Revel F206 in Walnut. Problem solved! Still have the Infinity's but hate to ask my FIL to do it now the original purpose is gone.
  4. S

KEF R3 vs. Philharmonic BMR Grudge Rematch to the Probably not Death Thread

Love this @Steve Dallas! Also love to see you add your F206 to the fray. I know people will protest but I bought mine more to address the desire to have nice looking stands integrated than an absolute desire to have towers vs monitors.
  5. S

In room measurements, your input appreciated.

Thank you for this. I have options to play with timing and phase and will do so.
  6. S

Played with Audyssey M32 from my Denon receiver. Used the app to limit correction <500hz. Didn't love the results TBH. Smoothed the 20-100hz but created a huge hole 100-200hz. It changed my crossover from 60hz to 40hz and then I played with 40-60-80. Sounded disjointed. More experiments later...
  7. S

In regards to the bass boost, I realize it measures high. This is my levels set then tuned by ear to taste. My taste mostly spans various genres of Rock and Guitar based Blues. Given my typical listening levels of 60-70db I think I'm applying some sort of self-determined loudness contour.
  8. S

After another round of positioning and measurement, this time with 50db y-axis and mdat file. Also, using REW to generate signals instead of source. Playing with a testing anomaly between L and R but I think I'm getting it cleared up. No EQ applied.
  9. S

Will do my next testing round so as not to confuse those who are used to the 50db convention.
  10. S

Most affordable reference quality 2-channel system that would last awhile?

I suspect those spins represent production variance and selective marketing more than anything. Same tweeter, same mid, same basic cabinet design. Given what we've seen from in room measurements of multiple Revel up and down the line the difference is simply bass extension, for which a sub or...
  11. S

I'm comfortable with pink noise and RTA, still learning REW. Need to find my cables then can do more tests using REW as the source.
  12. S

I've only done basic leveling setup so far, no EQ. Your knowledgeable comments on tweaking are appreciated. System is Amazon Music HD via Android TV app, HDMI pass through to Denon AVR-x3600 feeding Revel F206 and SVS PB-1000 sub. Xover @ 60 HZ Room is 16x15x9 with 2 walls 1/2 open to rest of...
  13. S

In which case you ditch the 208 and go for the 206, saving $1-1.5k in the process.
  14. S

Bias towards what they own. I always get a chuckle out of that because for knowledgeable and well researched buyers, what they own was biased towards what reviewed and measured well.
  15. S

Are there any significant upgrades to the Revel M16's under 4k?

LFX aside, I'm amazed the mid to high frequency responses are practically clones of 1 another. I've not had the pleasure of listening to any Be but what objective measurement would show their subjective superiority?
Top Bottom