Recent content by Scubaduderon

1. S

My Denon X4700H died today...

Thank you, I will look into that.
  2. S

Thank you for the information, I will be on it tomorrow.
  3. S

Yes, after resetting with only the center and that failing, I reset with no speakers at all, and that failed after a while.
  4. S

So I loosened up every binding post and found no loose wires. Then i reset the unit again, connected the network, checked for firmware updates, there were none. I'm gonna let it sit on for a while with no connections beyond the eARC and the network. I'm almost giving up here.... I bought this...
  5. S

Hello, the only speaker attached is the center channel, wired directly from the x4700h to the center. The only other connection is the eArc, which goes directly to my LG B19 Oled tv. All other connections have been removed to isolate the problem. I will scrutinize all the speaker terminals for...
  6. S

I tried 3 resets in a row. It thumped several times then went into protect mode after about an hour with the center connected and a signal from the earc present, volume fairly low and external fan on. Any other ideas? Thank you.
  7. S

Ok,mthe only 2 connections to the unit are the EARC and the center channel. I got it to reset and ran through setup, leaving everything off that I could. It ran ok for about 5 minutes before going into protect mode. I'll now remove the center and see if it dies with only the earc.... I tried a...
  8. S

Ok, the only 2 connections to the unit are the EARC and the center channel. I got it to reset and ran through setup, leaving everything off that I could. It ran ok for about 5 minutes before going into protect mode. I'll now remove the center and see if it dies with only the earc....
  9. S

I'm not sure. I'll try it. I've got it unplugged so it has been cooling for at least 6 hours. Thanks for the idea.
  10. S

I used it in a mixed mode, as an amp for the center and surrounds, and as a preamp for the front LR and rear LR. For a few days I had a loud thumping noise and it would go into protection mode, fast blink. I attempted to localize the problem by only using the center channel only and physically...
  11. S

Denon X4700H tuning on/off thump in pre-amp mode

Hello, my x4700h has just died completely today. The weird thing is, it worked fairly well. The setup menu worked sporadically through the return ARC, but beyond that it worked fine, providing good sound through all the channels I had wired, be they direct or preamp. I used it in a mixed mode...
  12. S

I need help, should I return my X4700H?

Thanks guys. How can you tell if its a stereo signal vs surround? I've got it set to auto, which I believe detects the signal and adapts accordingly.
  13. S

I need help, should I return my X4700H?

I've had my x4700h for a few months, and I've recently noticed that I get soft, extremely distorted sound from my surround speakers while watching CNN, MSNBC and the like. Is this normal, or should I return my unit for a new one? It only seems to happen with audio coming from certain cable...
  14. S

Help with X4700H setup

Mine took a while, but nowhere near what you are describing.
  15. S

Help with X4700H setup

Yes, the tv's menu system that has changed how it works, but I think its just a matter of getting used to going through those 2 extra steps. I think I have some of it figured out. It is possible to bollix the communication between the TV and the AVR. I think i had an input selected more than...
Top Bottom