Recent content by Scott Lanterman

1. Scott Lanterman

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

Well... i was joking about the calibration stamps to be honest, and clear, and to make a full disclosure. I think ethics can be done with a smile. ;)
  2. Scott Lanterman

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

The internet reviewing game is so huge today. But do you really need to lawyer up? I doubt it. ASR is not on the scale of Yelp and Trip advisor, but much larger than the many YouTube audio channels like Steve G for example. It seems like ASR is like a small but growing Consumer Reports for...
  3. Scott Lanterman

FIR for hypex fusion plate!

When you think about the cost of good inductors and capacitors, then trying one idea out and comparing it to another idea it seems like that gets expensive fast. In addition you have a lot of waste with parts covered in solder that you don't use. Just seems like there should be more DIY "how...
  4. Scott Lanterman

FIR for hypex fusion plate!

Is there a place on Youtube or somewhere else that goes over a design from scratch using Hypex Fusion Amps? It seems like a well implemented active crossover with room correction can be far superior to a passive set up and much simpler and cheaper in the end.
  5. Scott Lanterman

What are we listening to right now..

Bombino: another North African
  6. Scott Lanterman

Tanariwen - More from North Africa.
  7. Scott Lanterman

Music of North Africa: Terakaft
  8. Scott Lanterman

Superbly cool! This is where I want to go on Friday night
  9. Scott Lanterman

Thanks for posting this! Samara Joy... fantastic voice and great sound
  10. Scott Lanterman

Poll: Audio Science Review in the World (2024)

Silicon Valley. It was called the Valley of Hearts Delight around 60 years ago, as shown below. Santa Clara was all small farms and then folks at Stanford invented the silicon chip, making this website possible as well as a couple other things. Which one do you like better?
  11. Scott Lanterman

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

Well this is not a thread about cost. I like the combination of machined plywood and paint, there is no accounting for taste and yes they do look like DIY in the way that a hot rod looks DIY. How did you like the sound of these?
  12. Scott Lanterman

April 2023 is International Guitar Month... what faves need a spin?

It's International guitar month... do you have a track that needs some air time? I was listening to Duke Robillard and Herb Ellis Conversations In Swing Guitar last night while making chili... but I could use some help spinning something I may not have had the pleasure of hearing before this month.
  13. Scott Lanterman

Most beautiful speakers in the world ?

I am planning to have ChatGPT at my next party as MC rapping about life here in the Bay Area. But seriously, I would not care if these speakers measure well or not, I would go with them just because I like them, and I would build my space around them so they might be given a chance to sound...
  14. Scott Lanterman

How Dangerous is AI?

The protests broke into the streets and the people had masks on. The leaders were there and physically arrested. You put yourself on the line when you stand up to authoritarians, and courageous people do it. The Chinese government can spy on everyone online, probably the same with Iran...
Top Bottom