Recent content by scooter

1. S

High-res audio comparison: Linn Records Free High Res Samples

Thanks, a really good educating video. I realized a lot. Now I need to dig into a bandwidth limited signal term, didn't fully understand... Regarding quantization, this process "joins" the sampled points of signal amplitudes, smoothes them to reconstruct analog wave, but it produces a noise...
  2. S

Ok, you do say that doubling of sampling rate is enough to capture "sufficient" data at a given analog signal frequency. I know that 1 Hz has nothing to do with music but lets use it as an example to simplify mathematically and visually. So we have 1 full pure sine wave with 1 Hz, and we are...
  3. S

The funniest thing is that all samples with flaws are publicly available as test files, which logically should be perfect based on marketing principles :)
  4. S

Great idea, but I'm afraid there will be many variables depending on what playback hardware is used.
  5. S

This is from the link below, interesting... Quote "Some CDs are mastered with pre-emphasis, an artificial boost of high audio frequencies. The pre-emphasis improves the apparent signal-to-noise ratio by making better use of the channel's dynamic range. On playback, the player applies a...
  6. S

How modern AVRs are acting about this? Do their internal DACs use sharp filters cutting all above 22 kHz? Or is there any operation mode that passes a whole band to the amps and then to speakers (maybe Pure/Direct modes used intentionally with digital files rather than analog inputs)?
  7. S

Well actually that's what I meant, they get recorded at what resolution and sample rate? To my understanding one needs to use the highest sampling rate to capture maximum information from an analog signals at a given time. Then down-sample as I don't see any advantages in distributing high res...
  8. S

Thanks for your replies gentlemen. Another question, is there any proper way or software to allow us identify if the digital audio samples we have are "coming" from the original masters or not? I think there should be some mandatory certifications/regulations implemented for digital music...
  9. S

So to conclude, is it the best way is to perform high resolution capture only during initial mastering from original analog sources and then down sample to CD for distribution purposes? In my theory, this could ensure that maximum samples are captured in audible (i.e. the most important) band...
  10. S

Schiit IEMagni Review (Headphone Amplifier)

Thank you Amir, I'm happy to see a huge influence you have made to audio industry. And I don't want to imagine what manufacturers would be doing nowadays without you. Great work! You deserve to get at least 1$ from each member here and additional income from the reviewed product sales.
  11. S

Inside High-res audio: PCM vs MQA vs CD: 2L Sampler Comparison

Amazon, Ebay or their official website. I've purchased on Amazon for 27$ or so. Disk is region free so you can order from any suitable source for you.
  12. S

No, it's from their "A Momentary Lapse of Reason Tour" from 19 August 1988 to 23 August 1988, New York. It was on VHS originally and recently released blu-ray version, completely remastered audio/video from original tapes, and I think this is a proper master. And another chance to see back...
  13. S

Can this be considered as high quality master? I see attenuation starts after 25kHz. The file is 24/96 FLAC, extracted from Blu-ray disk live concert PCM stereo track. Perhaps it is subjective but I think I've never listened to such a high quality recording, it is so clean and easy to my ears...
  14. S

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

@amirm have you measured unbalanced power to 300 / 33 ohm loads?
  15. S

Master Complaint Thread About Headphone Measurements

@amirm if any chance may I ask you to test Jlab Omni Headphones? These are BT over the ear headphones with wired passive application supported, I've purchased them at 70$ 3 years ago (can be found at 30$ now at eBay). Since then I've purchased Beyerdynamic DT770 and HiFiman HE-4XX and sold them...
Top Bottom