Recent content by scibry

1. S

Amir Apprecation Thread

I apologize if this isn't the right place to post this. I just wanted to take a moment to thank Amir (and the other members who technically review audio equipment). I don't have the money to donate right now, but this is the site I've been wanting to see for the last 15 years. All of my...
  2. S

Inexpensive Low Power Amplifier

I am tri-amp'ing some home speakers. Now the 4 10" woofers are going to get something made by Crown probably :) However, I need 1 stereo channel of around 20 watts, and other stereo channel of around 50 watts. Who makes some quality stuff in this area? (I've thought about neurochrome, but too...
  3. S

Axpona 2019

Starting to plan my trip up to see Axpona this year. Any interest in a listener meetup at some point? @amirm planning on coming this year?
  4. S

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Just wanted to throw out there that my personal DX3Pro died a hard death as other members have said, total lack of output. The support from topping would be "below average" at best.
  5. S

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

It looks really interesting to me. Theoretically 2 watt output? (did not specify at what distortion level, however), in a PC package? I'd love to have my gear inside my PC.
  6. S

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

any recommendation instead? (Small form factor)
  7. S

Review and Measurements of DACPort HD and Dragonfly Red

Amirm and all, would I have any worries with my SE846 low impedance dips with the dacport?
  8. S

I was listening to 300ohm when it happened, then tried 8 ohm, and same silent result.
  9. S

Note: I am now using a schiit modi 3 and magni 2 uber, and while the amp needs to be a JDS Atom instead it's more than enough. I wouldn't let a friend buy this junk.
  10. S

At least right at the moment, even their website is down. Hoping not fly by night: http://en.tpdz.net/contact.html Has anyone heard back from topping with any remedy? How to send to China? anything at all?
  11. S

Here is my reddit report, in which, I cannot get Topping to respond to my multiple emails asking for support:
  12. S

My DX3 Pro amp section died, as well as serveral others on reddit. Anyone here have the same idea? Any idea how to contact Topping support? Been sending messages to [email protected] (which is on their website, and what my vendor told me to contact) and they are not responding at all. I am...
  13. S

Who is the Topping of Speakers?

I am really wanting to go out and build a two channel home listening room, but, while I can find very well measured and reviewed electronics, I can't find a lot of decent information about speakers. The closest I can find are Goldenear Triton's but even by the name you can tell what they are...
  14. S

I see this on AliExpress (AliExpress). It appears that it is available for ordering, but I've never ordered from AliExpress before. Does anyone know if this is legit? Thanks!
  15. S

Of course, sorry, I know Apple doesn't own the standard.... Just uses it heavily. Hopefully you can find a device to test it. I am not sure if an iPhone 6 does AAC but I have one I can send. (also, I know your time is valuable. I just am asking :) If you are out of time or would rather...
Top Bottom