Recent content by Savi

1. S

NEW PURIFI 8'' MWoofer [PTT8.0X04]

Hi. What are your project with this ?
  2. S

The 6.5" mid is clearly more specific but not without interest. It seems intended to cover a 200Hz-2200Hz (high and smooth fr without distorsion) Give a 12" woofer, this mid and a waveguided tweeter to a good designer and I am all in. But I agree, it is maybe less a game changer than the...
  3. S

I agree, it's a great data. Only regret is that the bass ton frequency is not modified given driver use. For instance, for the purifi midrange I will have chosen 150hz and/or 350hz. This driver will probably be used in the 200hz-2300hz range.
  4. S

Hypex NC252MP cooling

I have two nc252mp waiting (I will not have time to build the amp before arpil/may) I am not convinced that it will be efficient but it will not be difficult to add a heatsink behind the module alu plate with a thin layer of thermal paste and to fix it to the case (I will use a modu case...
  5. S

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

I do not want to derail the thread on other driver but I was wondering if there are specific parameter (VAS, Qts, Xmax, etc...) your are looking for when building a cardioid for a given driver size (around 6inch to stay in the thread) ? I know how these paramaters play in woofer aligment and...
  6. S

Minidsp Flex Review (Audio DSP)

:facepalm: motu ul mk5 vs minidsp flex debate is not the same in Europe. I have seen the motu at 685 euros several times.
  7. S

Setting up an active crossover using Roon

Really nice to share. One day I would like to try the same setup. There is also a excellent thread with rpi4+camillaDsp solution, any opinion on pros and cons of the two solutions ? Maybe it is a stupid question but with this setup you are limited to listen music with roon ? Ones a week I use...
  8. S

Speaker designs using Purifi drivers

If you really want a Purifi driver, given the frequency range, you might consider PTT6.5M dedicated midrange. Given the xmax, it should play 350Hz without limitation.
  9. S

Introducing Directiva - An ASR open source platform speaker project

Nice work ! Do you use a resistive port like d&d 8c to achieve a cardiod patern ?
  10. S

PMA-NC252MP power amplifier

Thx for your experience. Yes the module already have an alu plate. I was thinking on the 3 solutions: 1) mount nc252mp directly to chassis (like everybody) 2) mount nc252mp alu plate with the GPU plate with a very thin layer of paste and cut a square on the bottom of chassis (passive ventilation...
  11. S

PMA-NC252MP power amplifier

Hi. I am planning on building a 6 Ch AMP (I already have 3 module nc252mp but I will probably only use 2 + something else because the nc252mp is overkill for tweeters ;)). Regarding thermal dissipation do you think this kind of copper plate (for GPU) could be useful or its a waste of money (30...
  12. S

I agree. I was just trying to find the highest XO possible. If I had to play with it, I would start at 2 kHz in vituixcad.
  13. S

Indeed, hificompass measurements suggests that it could be cross maybe to 2.3kz with LR4
  14. S

Kii THREE Review

Hi, I am interested of how the cardioid is actively achieved on this speaker. If you had some link where it is detailed. Thx !
  15. S

New Purifi 6.5 midwoofer

I have never neither purifi or satori but you read hificompass review on its website. He gives objective measurement and its subjective impression of purifi vs satori vs scanpeak.
Top Bottom