Recent content by SaulOteng1467

1. S

Recommendations for AVR that's good with music too?

Yeah, it seems unfortunately the newer Sherwoods are difficult to get even secondhand...But I suspect that the same thing that happened to my receiver probably happened to the other Sherwood...It was reported on another forum that Sherwood had HDMI board issues from 2005 onwards so Im guessing...
  2. S

How to compare speakers by specs for noobs?

So im just getting into hi-fi and Im having to compare speakers as I'm mainly buying online. How does one measure that one speaker might be better than another speaker? I understand checking sensitivity and making sure that 'generally, more power the better', but apart from checking sensitivity...
  3. S

Speaker matching power education/recommendations for a novice

Hey thanks so much Seb!!! :) This ii really helpful especially the stuff about sensitivity awesome stuff! As for power, I have seen things like "make sure your speaker power is twice as powerful as the amp power" .... so what you're saying is that this shouldn't matter too much in the budget...
  4. S

Speaker matching power education/recommendations for a novice

My issue is that I bought a budget range av receiver Pioneer VSX 534 and now I need a speaker. I'm looking for a pair of budget tower speakers but confused on what I should be aiming for power wise. I've just recently got into hifi and before posting here I did go to Google but got lost in...
  5. S

Recommendations for AVR that's good with music too?

So as per the title looking for an AVR that sounds great with music. I had a really old second hand cheap AVR that I bought from eBay for $250 US from a company called Sherwood (RD 705i), I don't think they have any credibility but the amp sounded amazing (for me) with everything that I threw...
  6. S

A question for all former Yamaha RX-V### owners: Sound wise what AVR did you sidegrade/upgrade to?

I wish I could get the Denon at that price that is definitely a score! Here its around $600 - 700 CAN As for the sound, the Sherwood sounded so easy to listen to...hard to describe but it had more clarity and detail and overall the detail "jumped out" to myself and my partner's ears...Whereas...
  7. S

A question for all former Yamaha RX-V### owners: Sound wise what AVR did you sidegrade/upgrade to?

You make good point that I seen reflected by others...Admittedly my issue might not be an amp thing but rather an amp power matching issue. My Sherwood could deliver 120W and the Yamaha is rated at 80W. Its possible that the Sherwood just is able to drive the speakers better for that reason. It...
  8. S

Yes I agree with you I cant guarantee that there will be a difference with my upgrade choibe but I do know there was a difference in sound between the Sherwood that I replaced with the Yamaha that I currently have. It may also come down to Power issues too but I'm not sure...The Sherwood was...
  9. S

I had a Denon AVR years go The 1908. It was a good receiver, I have heard a lot of praise for the Yamaha sound but for some reason it just doesn't work well enough with my speakers OR it maybe underpowered compared to my older Sherwoood. Regardless I just wanted to try another AV sound signature...
  10. S

Oh wow, that pretty similar to my situation, I am looking at the Denon S740H or 7/50H at my first choice. I would get the S740H as I would think its a little similar but I can't find any stock here in Canada. Just curious, did you use the same speakers to tell the sound difference when you...
  11. S

TLDR: I'm a budget audio buyer who owns a Yamaha RX-V475 AVR, I'm looking for another AVR brand that has a different sound to the 'Yamaha sound' (if that's even a thing?) so wondering if former Yamaha RX-V### owners have any suggestions? I've always bought budget HIFI setups because that's what...
  12. S

Behringer U-Phoria UMC202HD as a DAC

Hi I have this U-Phoria UMC202HD, does any body know the brand and model name of the DAC that is used inside of this? I have looked on google but cant seem to see any data on this?
Top Bottom