Recent content by Satyadhara

1. Satyadhara

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

The Audiophonics is connected directly to an RME ADI-2 Pro FS BE.
  2. Satyadhara

In my system, there is a light pop sound, but it's not loud at all
  3. Satyadhara

Hi Ben, I'm using the amp in a very similar configuration, with my RME ADI-2 Pro connected via XLR and both gain jumpers removed. Volume settings are very similar to yours as well, somewhere between -35 and -10dB. So it sounds normal to me, at least :)
  4. Satyadhara

ROON CORE ADEQUACY

Then get something more powerful as a core. I have an Innuos Zen MkII, which has an Intel Quad Core processor and 4GB DDR3 RAM, and when I use EQ it gets to its limits at high sample rates (192kHz).
  5. Satyadhara

ROON CORE ADEQUACY

Difficult to say, as it depends which Roon features you want to use. If you're planning on using DSP, for example, get something with better specs.
  6. Satyadhara

No, I have to get much closer to the amp, like 20cm or so. I wrote to Audiophonics (just out of interest), and this is the reply I got: Hello, all Stand-By power supply make noise. this is inherent in its operation. I invite you to do the same thing on all products using a stand BY power...
  7. Satyadhara

Yesterday I noticed by chance that the amp emits a relatively low-level, but still audible (when putting my ear right next to the amp) high-pitched "whining" noise when switched off. When I turn the amp on, this noise stops and is replaced by a lower-frequency noise, again not very high in...
  8. Satyadhara

Before I got the HPA, I had a Hegel H300 with sometimes quite audible transistor hum. I got a DC filter, which reduced this hum considerably. Not knowing enough about Class D amps, I am wondering if the HPA could generally profit from a DC or AC mains filter. Any thoughts on that?
  9. Satyadhara

Has anyone measured DC offset on the speaker terminals of this amp? Would be interested in the measurement!
  10. Satyadhara

High system delay and noise when doing sweep in REW

Hi everyone, I'm experiencing some weird problems when measuring a 2M sweep in REW: Firstly, I get a completely unrealistic system delay between the acoustic timing signal and the speaker response peaks of 7.3 meters or 21ms, and don't know what could be causing this (DAC is RME ADI-2 FS, mic...
  11. Satyadhara

That's what I did as well, they pre-set the amp in bypass mode to use with my RME ADI-2 FS. I even got a white instead of a blue LED, as wished!
  12. Satyadhara

REW: Current and peak values in RTA

Thanks for the clarification. I'm aware that for EQ one should use the current values. But to measure the effect of EQ, is the peak value measurement of any value?
  13. Satyadhara

REW: Current and peak values in RTA

I'm wondering what the difference between the "current" and "peak" values is when making measurements in the RTA window of REW. Can anyone explain? I got some convolution filters from Thierry at Home Audio Fidelity, and did some measurements to check how they change frequency response etc., and...
  14. Satyadhara

Trying to decide between this and two mono-versions of the amp (MPA-M400ET). Can anyone tell me, if any advantages of the mono blocks over the stereo version can be expected?
Top Bottom