Recent content by Sansui1977

1. Sansui1977

HiFiBerry DAC2 HD - Anyone use it?

I am long fan of the HiFiBery Dac+ Pro, it got me into playing with DACs and a lot more digital audio. Previously Vinyl and CD was preferred. Sure there are better but I do really like the separate Raspberry Pi setup with linear PSU etc. It's convenient, don't need to have a computer running -...
  2. Sansui1977

New USB DAC - Random popping - High DPC - Topping E30

Following up here, I ended up formating the computer. While the journey of getting the DPC down was fun and was sucesfull, there still was something influencing the sound. High frequency crackles occasionally, most of the popping went away. Reinstalled OS using MS Windows 10 2004 iso. No Dell...
  3. Sansui1977

You are definitely giving great advice! I am on Windows 10 2004 and have to use the new built in graphics application prioritizer. First I disabled the Intel graphics, caused a huge mess with my displays but the DPC latency really got much better. Couldn't find a way to force using the nVidia...
  4. Sansui1977

Thanks for the info - I am using Foobar2000 for flac, but a lot of the time it is just media being played from Chrome - Twitch, YouTube, Comcast Xfinity TV services etc. All afternoon it has been fine... Pretty sure I am just going to wipe this thing over the weekend
  5. Sansui1977

Tried suggested fixes (C-states disabled), still not looking great. Looks like I will need to try to wipe the system. Could try disabling further throttling/boosting. Oddly enough it will play tricks with me, sound fine for hours (or I just do not pay attention) and then randomly starts up...
  6. Sansui1977

Yes the laptop is high power but because it is in such a thin enclosure cooling is an issue. Dell shouldn't really sell these i9 in them as they generate way more heat than the laptop can cool. Therefore they heavily throttle (I hit 99C in various cores very often) - The popping happens during...
  7. Sansui1977

Hey Aldo, Thanks - I was thinking to completely reset the PC but based on info from the net it just seems to be a known problem. I was hoping though that since I wasn't interested in doing live DJing or DAW work I could get a way with a little latency. I actually do have and use a Raspberry Pi...
  8. Sansui1977

Hi everyone, I recently purchased a Topping E30 for its low cost and decent specs. Unfortunately i am discovering that my laptop does not likes DACs and has known high DPC. I may have to return it. Problem: Due to my computers horrible thermal limiting, there are random times (often during...
Top Bottom