Recent content by Samk1234

1. S

Deciding on a Room Layout

Hi, Thanks for your recommendations, Just curious - should the speakers not be positioned a few feet away from the back wall?
  2. S

Deciding on a Room Layout

Hi ASR, Could you please help me choose between the two attached room layouts where I will be living / listening in? Which layout will sound better, both with and without treatment? Layout 1 ( we can call it the 1 bedroom) has a listening space that is 13 feet wide. The length of the room is...
  3. S

Advice with Apartment Studio Design

Thanks Duke. I should add that the rightmost wall is mostly window..
  4. S

In doing a little more research, I've drawn a third option of how to set up with a bedroom - by closing off listening area into a rectangle. Please see the image linked below:
  5. S

Hello ASR, I am currently looking to move into an apartment which I would like to model as both a home and a reasonable listening room, The space I am considering is a large studio. I prefer to convert it into a 1 bedroom for privacy reasons, but would not like this to have a significant...
  6. S

Acoustics of an uneven ceiling

Hello, I'm currently searching for a new home and picking one with the right listening space is the top priority. Some options I've looked will have ceilings where the drywall will drop at least a foot or two. I'll normally see this along the edges of the ceiling, but sometimes going through...
  7. S

Recommendations on Speaker Placement, floorplan attached

Can you help me understand the difference between casual and critical listening. It's been mentioned a few times so far, and I'm not sure if I fully understand
  8. S

Thanks for the help and sorry for my inexperienced ramblings. Would you recommend surround placement in this space, if I wanted to maximize the listening area?
  9. S

Maybe optimal is not the right term to use. Let's say in one scenario I place speakers at TV, but I am not sitting in the centre area (im in the dining area, or along the top wall). In another scenario, I've placed the the speakers along top or bottom wall, but I'm sitting behind the optimal...
  10. S

Yes I will definitely include a sub. However my concerns with setting it in front of the TV is that it will narrow the listening space to just that centre area of the listening room. Top side / bottom side would not get as much audio love, I assume. Hence I was thinking of finding a way to place...
  11. S

My original thoughts were to place speakers along top side or bottom side wall, since it would disperse sound more evenly throughout the living room (as opposed to placing it with the TV, where the listening space would narrow to be just in front of the TV and the kitchen island) To make this...
  12. S

I will be sitting anywhere from the bottom wall to the top wall, on the left side of the kitchen island . I will certainly have a listening position set up in a decent spot in front of the speakers.. but I'm trying to find the placement which spreads sound optimally throughout the living...
  13. S

Hello, just curious - where would you place your stereo setup in the following unit? I am not against doing small renovations if it helps. .
  14. S

Outlaw RR2160 vs Parasound P6

I am deciding between purchasing a new Outlaw RR2160 and a used Parasound P6 for the same cost, around $1500 Canadian in total. What I began looking for was a preamp with full bass management (an active crossover for the subwoofer and speakers). I've come to these two as my best available...
Top Bottom