Recent content by sam

1. sam

Dense Home: New integrated DAC Amp announcement

Is the top stone? Looks like I have to lift weights before I purchase one of these;)
  2. sam

Can you really hear the sound details over 20kHz?

You are right, I mixed up a little. sampling rate doesn't usually change the frequency range.
  3. sam

Can you really hear the sound details over 20kHz?

I have been listening to music really really long time and I think I can notice the difference between crappy mp3 and good lossless source. But I can never say that the ultrasonic frequencies affects my listening. There's whole lot of expensive high tech stuff that can extend the frequencies...
  4. sam

$9 Headphone Review: Sony MDR-ZX110

I think I bought like 5 of these in my lifetime. Just the right headphone for me when I was in my teens. There's also a 19.99 version, which I thought it was super expensive.
  5. sam

Schiit Magnius Balanced Headphone Amp Review

I don't want to be picky but one of the back screws looks glossy while others' are matte. Other than that, performance is just WOW.
  6. sam

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

Piggybank picture gets me excited more than the any other reviews:D
  7. sam

Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Motherboard Audio Review

Unless you have a separate board for the audiophile grade DAC, I guarantee there will never be a good motherboard for PC. Large manufacturers only have to pass their normal reliability and compatibility tests. Spending $0.01 to improve audio? NO WAY
  8. sam

What's relay delay for?

In some teardowns by Amir or in external sites, I have seen lots of relays used as time delay purposes. They are all used for the AC power input, but I'm not sure what this is for. Is it something like the soft start feature of some DCDC converters?
  9. sam

Burson FUN Headphone Amp Review

Is that 4pin power jack the one used in desktops? Never seen it used externally before.
  10. sam

What headphone(s) do you own ?

HD600, K702, DT880
  11. sam

Dragonfly (red/black) Vs Meizu/Hidizs Sonata Hd etc

Go and check reviews on dongles. Unless you are stranded on an island and there's only Dragonfly in the shelves, I think Dragonfly is the last option you should consider.
  12. sam

ASMR Survey - pleasant or awful?

Proper ASMR is all acceptable, but there's too many disgusting sounds on Youtube nowadays. Gives me goosebumps. Can you really relax with this kind of sound?↓
  13. sam

Can channel crosstalk be actually a good thing?

I get your point, but I would never say uncontrollable cross talk is a good thing. You could probably find one or two headphones that might sound good with the crosstalk, but it will probably be bad for rest of the others. If you can mix the left and right signals with a specific gain...
  14. sam

Thing about cables and filters

I know that the most of the members here laughs first when you hear about the golden cable and the miracle filters. But other than the box like this, most of the other products at least use something gold this and capacitor that. This came up to my mind and was thinking that the measurements...
  15. sam

LG v40 to Chord Mojo

Just for curiosity, is there a big difference in audio quality between V40 and Chord mojo? I was thinking why not just use V40 alone?
Top Bottom