Recent content by Sam Ash

1. S

Dayton Audio EMM-6 as good as UMIK-1 for someone who already has an audio interface?

Interesting - I wish there was a company out there that offered quality omni mics and individual 90 degree cal files for a reasonable price. Thanks for the useful suggestions, it makes sense.
  2. S

Dayton Audio EMM-6 as good as UMIK-1 for someone who already has an audio interface?

Tried checking alternatives or similar on Alibaba but no success. If the capsules in bulk are $1 each then decent mics should cost around $10 to $15 each. $20 at most. Forgot to ask, when doing the manual calibration procedure to obtain a 90 degree file, is it a must to do the measurements at...
  3. S

That's a good suggestion, do you think the Dayton EMM-6 is a better mic or a safer option than than the ECM8000?
  4. S

I managed to find some information online pertaining to the ECM8000:- http://recordinghacks.com/microphones/Behringer/ECM8000 https://gearspace.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/1056371-behringer-ecm8000-deteriorating-quality.html Have a look at the attached document too.
  5. S

@Blumlein 88 - Thank you very much indeed for such clear and concise step by step instructions. I really appreciate you taking the time to put this together. I am looking for decent but cost effective analogue omni condenser mics for measurement purposes. Have you any experience with Dayton...
  6. S

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

There is the possibility of using third party subs but the fact that Genelec gear can be daisy chained and controlled from GLM is attractive.
  7. S

Seems like a really nice system you have there @RobL
  8. S

@RobL - Interesting to learn that you are using two of the 8361A speakers. What sub or subs did you get? Are you using a streaming server for music?
  9. S

Upmixing - where are we at? Have people compared upmixers?

I came across this software / plug-ins available to mixing and mastering engineers. https://www.telosalliance.com/legacy/minnetonka-surcode-for-dolby-pro-logic-ii Could fellow members who have a sound engineering background explain this to us - would it be possible to run this on an external...
  10. S

@hege - Thank you for that clarification, much appreciated. So just to confirm, the following attributes can be adjusted via GLM for every speaker/Sub:- - Levels - Delay - Crossover Out of interest, what is the max delay allowed? Any idea?
  11. S

@Blockader - The MTS-6154 seems to be designed for environments that need very high spl. I presume the 8361+W371 combo would be better in terms of fidelity. Have you had a chance to hear both?
  12. S

Thanks for clarifying, I guess an outboard DSP would be the best way forward. @Sancus - Do you listen to music using one of the matrix codecs? - 90% of the time, I listen to music on a 7.1 configuration via DPLIIx. I prefer it to stereo.
  13. S

Now that would be fantastic. Good concepts should never be discarded, they deserve to be developed further. Let's hope the developers of both those codecs get to read our posts such that it sparks an interest.
  14. S

Any idea if GLM allows the manual tweaking of each sub in a multi-sub configuration in terms of phase and level? The fact that you recommend an outboard DSP tells me that it is not possible to do that within GLM - is that right?
  15. S

I agree, I think DPLIIx is really good. I think Jim Fosgate's family should convert it to an open source licence. That way, talented coders and audio enthusiasts could built it further such that it runs on affordable processor consoles such as Raspberry Pi. It could be further developed to be a...
Top Bottom