Recent content by Sal1950

1. Sal1950

Which country produces the greatest speakers?

Isn't it all made in China now ?
  2. Sal1950

Tube gear opinions

How could anyone "hate" tube gear ? It's just so cool to look at in the dark sitting on the audio shrine..
  3. Sal1950

JBL 705P Studio Monitor Review

I also recommend something more powerful, that little 200watt / 10" driver will leave a lot to be desired in the deep bass subwoofer territory. For just a bit more 12" subs from either HSU or SVS will offer serious low end grunt. I own products from both and can recommend them highly...
  4. Sal1950

Tube gear opinions

Then not necessarily having anything to do with High Fidelity, some people like all sort of distorted messes.
  5. Sal1950

Tube gear opinions

It's very hard to discuss "tube sound" since they run the gamut from very nearly, if not totally transparent, to very colored with high distortion. Much, if not all of it was intentionally voiced by the designer to fill the desire of buyers in that high end market segment.. OTOH modern SS amps...
  6. Sal1950

Then you shouldn't make unsupported statements like "An 8-inch driver is much faster responding than 12-15 inches" .
  7. Sal1950

Tube gear opinions

Elvis and the OP have left the building ??? Yep, I had to do the same, can't imagine having those VTL monobloc's making the room temps climb any more than the FL sun already does. Besides the fact that I'm pretty much exclusively multich now. 9 x tube monos ? Oh my. :eek:
  8. Sal1950

A huge topic of debate? EXPENSIVE SPEAKER STANDS!

Then stop it. ;) Anything the correct height that is reasonably ridgid and heavy (or can be filled with something) is fine. Cosmetics is your choice.
  9. Sal1950

But which one "sounds" faster ??? :p
  10. Sal1950

Tidal’s New Lossless Tier Says Goodbye to MQA (but does it really?)

I believe doing a search there for "Atmos or 3D" will bring results.
  11. Sal1950

Qobuz

Record a section of both streams and view-compare them in Audacity
  12. Sal1950

Sorry, but a large number of us here put MQA in the same bag as high end power cords, ground boxes, and other Snake-Oil con's. We hope to educate the public at large on the BS ride they've been force fed.. I hate to see any thread dragged way off topic, but on the other hand I would no more...
  13. Sal1950

Me too I've got quite a few Atmos music files on my harddrive now and that has not been my listening experience??? That begs the question is the brightness in your buddy's Atmos speakers or software implementation, or something in the streaming software? I had Qobuz here for the 90 day trial...
  14. Sal1950

From your lips to Gods ear. :p
Top Bottom