Recent content by sakujou

1. S

What are the key characteristics for a good gaming headphone? (ignore the microphone)

I'm also in the search for good headphones for gaming and was wondering this myself. What I found so far is stated already here in the 2nd post - it really depends on what type of gaming you need headphones for. In my case, I play mostly single player, so I need fun headphones. I currently use...
  2. S

Amp for Focal Clear MG+ and active monitors (pre-amp or passthrough?)

Thank you for the response and recommendations. I don't have any ground loop issues with the JBLs. I connect them with RCA to balanced cable, so basically unbalanced. A ground loops is easily identifiable and it's for sure different to how the sound changes when I use the Schiit Magni as a...
  3. S

Amp for Focal Clear MG+ and active monitors (pre-amp or passthrough?)

Hey everyone, I'm looking for a headphone amp to use with my Focal Clear MG Pro headphones and JBL LSR305P MKII active monitors. So far I have been using this setup: SMSL M8A DAC Schiit Magni (not sure which version, got it in 2018) for headphones. I'm manually switching cables out of the...
  4. S

Amp recommendation for Hifiman HE-560

Thanks for the recommendations guys, I really appreciate it! So the JDS Atom has been tried and tested with the HE-560 and works good? Because on paper it seems weaker than the Magni 3. Or is it just that the Atom would still have enough power and won't distort like the Magni? Any other amps...
  5. S

Amp recommendation for Hifiman HE-560

Hello everyone, A newbie here. Up until now I have just be stalking around, reading and educating myself on how not to fall into audophile snake oil traps. :D But now I am in trouble. I got a good deal on a pair of Hifiman HE-560 and snatched them. The thing is - my Schiit Magni 3 is not doing...
Top Bottom