Recent content by Ryan200

1. R

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

Did you read Kagemusha's feedback on the first page of the thread? He said it sounded nice and his friends thought it sounded really nice but that must mean they're all deaf because it measured bad. Now think really hard. Is it possible that some of the measurements done by the OP don't 100%...
  2. R

Vista Audio Spark II Review (Amplifer)

Im listening to the original Vista Spark with Zu DW2's right now. A person would have to be dead inside not to hear how good this amp is with their measurement ears. Too bad a measurement for sweetness hasnt been standardized by some society of engineers. Meanwhile I appreciate this site's...
  3. R

Zu Soul Supreme - Best Amp?

I'm changing my recommendation. My Sansui AU-717 with Threshold SL10 sounds even better Here's snake-oil moron Sean Casey talking to ignorant plebe John Atkinson talking about his design goals. He addresses frequency response if you can withstand cognitive dissonance
  4. R

Try to recall the OP wanted advice on amplifier pairing. Frequency response charts from an anechoic environment are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I'm assuming he's listening to music in a room using his ears like I am. For that scenario- Nelson Pass all day long In defense of Harleys...
  5. R

I'm gonna raise this thread from the dead because certainly someone else will want to know what to pair Zu speakers with. First of all music is an artform and enjoying music is subjective. What's better a Ultra High Resolution photograph of Lisa Gherardini or a painting of her (Mona Lisa)? If...
  6. R

ifi ipower X

I betcha in real world non-lab conditions these things can make a difference. That is what they are designed for after all. It's not the exact same thing but watch this guy demonstrate an iFi AC iPurifier in his honest-to-goodness real life system: As fun as it is to call everything snake oil...
  7. R

Should I replace Marantz SR8400 for streaming TIDAL and TV?

I ordered the Topping. Then I read that Crown Class D amps have 1+ms of latency from DSP. Will that make a difference if I use my analog HMA-7500 on the tweeters and the Crown on the woofers? The drivers are crossed over at 1500Hz
  8. R

Would this work? https://www.massdrop.com/buy/topping-dx7s#specs
  9. R

Hi, I'm really impressed with the testing you guys do on here. I've always been frustrated with the subjectivity of 99.9% of component reviews. Anyway, I just picked up a Crown XLS1500 amp to run the woofers on my Klipsch RP-260f's. I love it. The increased power made my subwoofer redundant...
Top Bottom