Recent content by rwanou

1. R

Review of the HifiBerry DAC2 HD sound card for Raspberry Pi

I had it for a week or so, mounted on a Pi3. I did not hear any difference with my older cheaper JustBoom DAC Hat for PiZero on 3.5 jack to 2xRCA and a cheap cable. I did not make that many comparative hearings though. On thing I noticed is that the sound leans much more towards the highs (but...
  2. R

Raspberry Pi USB - some theory?

Cheers! Oh, and to be complete, my music is all on one NAS, mounted with NFS on my PiCoreMaster, which runs LMS. Some is MP3/AAC, some is FLAC, some is Apple Losless. At some point I had a system of parallel folders for the music in FLAC 24/92, as it is not supported by iPhone. I ended up...
  3. R

Thanks :) Actually I just received the HifiBerry DAC2HD. As you suggested, I did not spend endless nights choosing a solution. I'm waiting to get my delivery of fresh Pis 4. But I won't pair the DAC with a Pi4, because I think it is overkill for PiCorePlayer, instead I'll reuse one of the spare...
  4. R

Thanks for the clarification. So it is a driver issue, the way the OS manages the USB connection. If handled correctly, it shouldn't be a concern. So the actual electrical 5V current from the output USB port could interfere with the analogical output. As you say, a well designed DAC should be...
  5. R

Hi All, I'm soon to invest in an extra HiFi setup for my Corona Home Office, so I'm loosing some time on the forums trying to figure what my next DAC will be. I have a bunch of old Raspberry Pis rotting in the basement, and I thought I could re-use one of them to create an audiophile DAC. I...
Top Bottom