Recent content by Rusty Shackleford

1. Rusty Shackleford

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

I do not think any of the studies were random samples. So they cannot be generalized to the general public.
  2. Rusty Shackleford

Is it possible to have a subwoofer in an apartment without disturbing others?

Probably. First, the subwoofer can’t be against a wall that you share with a neighbor. Use it against a wall that’s internal to your apartment (say, the wall between your living room and bedroom). Also, if it’s a side-firing driver, point the driver into the room. Or get a down-firing...
  3. Rusty Shackleford

Just how legit is this person's blind test results?

From the link: “Double blind test: I got my kids to change up the wires into the amps headphone output randomly while I wasn't in the room and then I asked them to leave the room in another direction of which I entered the room.”
  4. Rusty Shackleford

Moonriver2, Jcally AP98 Measurements.

Thank you for this. Did you find out what kind of filter (minimum phase, slow rolloff, etc.) that each uses?
  5. Rusty Shackleford

Extreme Snake Oil

My family has two 2011 MBPs, both still running strong. In fact, my 2011 MBP runs Windows 10 in dual-boot better than two-year-old (better spec’d) Dell I’m issued for work does!
  6. Rusty Shackleford

The REAL Problem of March Audio's Sointuva WG (Review, Measurements and Reinforcements with Klippel device)

Can you post a close-up shot of the tweeter gap? It’s hard to see what you mean in that photo.
  7. Rusty Shackleford

Schiit Tyr mono amplifier

Only 250 pairs of Tyr amps are being made?
  8. Rusty Shackleford

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Does it need to be returned to the company?
  9. Rusty Shackleford

SMSL VMV D3 Review (R2R DAC)

Out of curiosity, what type of filter does this use? Linear?
  10. Rusty Shackleford

Apos vs. Amazon dac return refund.

All I can say is that when I had a product earlier this year that was defective, Apos paid for return shipping and the shipping for the new item. No problem. Also, it's clear on their website that returns in the 15 to 45 day window are subject to a restocking fee.
  11. Rusty Shackleford

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Would be interesting to know if Amir has to return this amp (and other gear) to Topping or get to keep it.
  12. Rusty Shackleford

Review and Measurements of SMSL VMV D1 DAC

Would love to see the D3 reviewed here. Has SMSL sent a sample to @amirm?
  13. Rusty Shackleford

E1DA Cosmos ADC

What “grade” are the units being discussed in this thread?
Top Bottom