Recent content by Rottmannash

1. Rottmannash

Advice wanted: Taking over an HiFi Store

dumb question- what does "b2b" stand for?
  2. Rottmannash

Windows 11 Help

Can i disable power management for some but not all ports? If so how does one disable?
  3. Rottmannash

Windows 11 Help

Finally got the new PC up and running and when using Audirvana there is constant static in the background, especially when a song begins. I'm using Audirvana>D70>Monoprice THX HP amp>Aeons. I tried to go into the menu and set it to exclusive mode but that did nothing, then tried muting all...
  4. Rottmannash

Marchaudio P501 Mono Block Power Amplifier Review

Totally off topic but what was that circuit NAD built into their old integrateds, "soft clipping"? My 3140 has it.
  5. Rottmannash

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Yes-2 subs. Crossed [email protected] 80 Hz. I listened with subs using Dolby Surround then without subs running straight through the Freya+>Buckeye Purifi (using 2 of the 3 channels)>F208s. Got the clipping indicator to flash briefly using either set up but the light only flickered. Any louder and I would...
  6. Rottmannash

hence the comment about having a larger, deeper room in the future... I sit very close to these F208's (right at 8 ft) so expect to need a bit more power for HT in a larger, deeper room.
  7. Rottmannash

Thanks. I'll check it out.
  8. Rottmannash

Noisy digital audio on LG TVs

I've had no issue with my LG C9 and the Topping D90 SE.
  9. Rottmannash

Onkyo TX-RZ50 Review (Home Theater AVR)

Most are using +6 dB Harman or +8 dB Harman curves I believe. There's a bit more discussion about DL and the RZ50 on AVS Forum. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/2021-onkyo-tx-rz50-owners-thread-nr7100-owners-welcome.3227263/
  10. Rottmannash

Listening to the 3 channel Buckeye Purifi and...well, my ears are truly ringing now but tonight managed to get the red clipping light to flash (intermittently) listening to some vintage Bowie-"Station to Station". I was surprised that the light illuminated, even briefly, as the F208's seemed to...
  11. Rottmannash

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

That's just it-I have demo'd some Atmos movies and he just doesn't get it. He has always been unable to hear the difference in a cheap pair of speakers and quality ones. I've had him listen to my headphone system which is quite resolving as well and he says it sounds just like listening in his...
  12. Rottmannash

An audio engineer explains why Dolby Atmos Music is “definitely going to supersede stereo”

[ A buddy of mine got fed up with not being able to turn his system (the one he asked me to help him buy several years ago when he thought he wanted HT) on and adjust things, boxed it all up, sold it all and bought a top of the line Sonos Arc soundbar, sub and 2 satellite speakers and I have to...
  13. Rottmannash

Qudelix 5K - DSP and most functions unavailable without BT connection

Perhaps the dongle was also connected via BT...
Top Bottom