Recent content by tonapo

1. T

Cambridge Audio CXN 100

I have a CXN100 and I have had a few emails back and forth with Cambridge Audio support asking questions, I asked about this and got the answer "The CXN100 doesn't upsample any incoming files, so it will output whatever sample rate and signal that is sent to it". I have not had chance to check...
  2. T

New streamer – Cambridge Audio CXN100, a few questions…

Just a quick update in terms of my pre-amp question, leaving the pre90 in the chain seems to work quite well, I am still tweaking volume levels to get it right. Currently the Pre90 is at -15db, and then the Cambridge Audio sits around 70% volume overall and this gives you day to day levels. I...
  3. T

Thanks for the reply! This is a good idea, I will try it!
  4. T

Hello all! I have just purchased a new dedicated streamer for my main stereo, a Cambridge Audio CXN100. I want to use it primarily with Roon (via wired ethernet), Qobuz directly and the odd CD. I have a question about whether to use the CXN as a pre-amp, and other few odd questions too. I have...
  5. T

Topping Pre90 Review (preamplifier)

I am still enjoying my pre 90, all apart from the remote which is not great. Its quite tricky to line up, and I think, not helped my set-up, as the right hand-side of the pre-amp is mildly obscured by the left speaker, so the signal does not get through. My solution, other than living with the...
  6. T

Second hand amp or all in one, recommendatons...

Thanks for all the suggestion. I have just been searching through the index, how about Fosi Audio V3? Seems to be around £100. I also like the Loxjie A30 Amplifier at £150, recommended by @Timcognito, this adds more streaming functionality and a remote. I even had a look at the Wiim amp at...
  7. T

Thanks for the comments all. Monitor Audio Bronze 2, they are about 4 years old I think. I can add a few Denon PMA-520AE - £110 ono, I might be able to get it down a bit. Denon Integrated Amplifier PMA-350 - £60 starting bid Denon Integrated Amplifier PMA-350SE - £20 staring bid Rotel Stereo...
  8. T

Hi there - One of my children is showing an interest in hifi and I am keen to encourage it. They will need the ability to play CDs in their room. An old CD player I have, along with some smaller speakers currently in my loft, but I don't have an amplifier. Is there any suggestions for a second...
  9. T

System planning, pre-amp, DAC etc...

I ended up purchasing a Topping pre90, and run it wtih my topping D90. The M23 is in low gain mode. I have convolution files loaded in Roon from Home Audio Fidelity. There were a few teeting problems, first one was to do with the Topping controller, which I could not get on with, but I ended up...
  10. T

Best streamer?

I am a Roon lifetime user, its been my best hifi purchase I think. There is a trial I think, so you can try before you buy.
  11. T

HQPlayer does not work (resolved, now some results)

That would be great if you could! Thanks for all your hard work @amirm @Archimago did something previously for some context, see here.
  12. T

AVForums podcast: objective vs subjective debate

I found it interesting to listen to, I thought they were open to the concept of objective reviews rather than shutting it down immediately. They already objectively review TVs, and often discuss calibration etc, and it would be good if this measurement method could make the jump to hifi. Also...
  13. T

AVForums podcast: objective vs subjective debate

At around the 60min mark in one of the AVforums podcasts (see link to podcast #696) there is some discussion on the objective vs subjective debate. Some interesting points and I thought some people might be interested in having a listen.
  14. T

Streamer with roon, plex and qobuz

Hi @BDWoody , thanks for the reply. I actually do have a couple of Shields too, I use a pro in my lounge, and a 2015 in a spare bedroom, although this does not get much use now. The area the stereo is in does not have access to a screen though, other than tablets/phones. I will give it some...
Top Bottom