Recent content by ROOSKIE

1. R

Tekton style like tweeter array good idea?

Those benefit from horn loading and that is a beefy 30mm. So in the '2-12 perfect Set' example it might be overkill. Sensitivity is a factor, IDK what woofers those are but if 2 of them have high sensitivity then extra tweeters make some sense. I have used (with limited experience)some typical...
  2. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

See post #1385 https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/tekton-m-lore-speaker-review.48732/post-1944844 There are nut inserts in the holes. (are there some without these?) I used Allen head threaded inserts(also overkill wrapped in Teflon tape to avoid any chance of metal on metal...
  3. R

I have posted multiple times but both threads are very long. I'm going to post again now due to actually having a set of speakers with this issue. Though I can't speak for the M-Lore or Troubadour. There is a reason I ended up discovering the foot holes go through and that they need to be...
  4. R

Well again to be clear, I'm not defending Tekton, I just think for anyone who has never designed a speaker the following viewpoint may help. Reality is it is just so easy to do real measurements and quality nearly free solutions exist that are reasonably accurate, even extremely accurate in the...
  5. R

Odd, I had not considered this. In retrospect it certainly seems plausible that the design work was contracted out. Obviously we don't know for sure though. I am no fan now of Tekton but it there is no reason to to conclude this. I've DIYed, there is no way they would be as good as they are if...
  6. R

? Hilarious. That looks like the woofer RAW responce. Maybe even from the woofer manufacturer. That is absolutely not a measurement of any finished speaker, let alone the M-Lore
  7. R

@Eric Alexander , I've tested over 50 pairs of speakers and self produced a few DIY designs, and my Impact Monitor set is the 1st set that had cabinet holes where the 'feet' go. EVER. Get a manual printed up and get folks in the know because I see many images of your products without feet...
  8. R

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Howdy. No in my view this is not correct. The added holes give the enclosure a different/varied volume. It is a leaky enclosure. In general terms a ported enclosure is essentially a sealed enclosure except around port tuning where the slug of air in the port begins to resonate and move air like...
  9. R

I have the same speakers. Mine make obvious chuffing noises. Really obvious with certain content. You never heard anything? I used threaded inserts with Allen heads to fill the mounting holes in a hidden fashion. I also wrapped the inserts in Teflon tap but that is def not required.
  10. R

Yes, having a hole all the way through is fine as long as the buyer knows they need to be plugged. The feet look terrible to me(even given the speakers fugly style) and many, many stands would not be large enough for all 4 fixed feet locations to be on the stands top. Listening it was obvious...
  11. R

Sometimes. Only in certain circumstances. Often you are on the hook for your own costs there. It would not be fair if you always had to pay the legal costs of your opponent. This goes both ways. Sometimes of course the wining party should be freed in a judgement from paying their own legal fees...
  12. R

I have a pair of Tekton Impact Monitors. 1st time I used them I thought what is all this 'noise' and chuffing. I was not using the fugly feet, rather iso style pads. I realized there were holes in the bottom causing the issue. I filled the holes with theaded inserts wrapped in Teflon tape so...
  13. R

Master "deals" (massdrop, ebay, Amazon, etc.) Thread on Audio Product Sales

Crutchfield has much of the JBL Studio Series 6 Line On Sale, 'wood' color only 620 Bookshelf/monitors are $249 https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109S620W/JBL-Studio-620-Wood.html 630 Bookshelf/Monitors $349 https://www.crutchfield.com/p_109S630W/JBL-Studio-620-Wood.html QA Note: Backordered...
  14. R

KEF R11 Meta Tower Speaker Review

This graph does come up a lot. I think it was really just to show basic variation in trained vs untrained listeners NOT be a model for some room curve or similar use. The dispersion of the particular speaker, listening distance and room characteristics very much affect what 'downward trend...
  15. R

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

@Toni Mas How do you run your businesses and is it succsseful? There is no way on Earth I would not be promoting this equipment to differentiate my company. None of these hifi businesses are philosophy think tanks or social altruism experiments. Looks like the sticker peels of easily. Peel it...
Top Bottom