Recent content by roog

1. roog

TOPPING D90 III Sabre DAC Review

I agree there are a bundle of DACs that measure within an inch of each other such that it makes no difference except for the feature set. and that’s where my money went, I have the RME for the features and support. but I might be swayed by something with room correction built in!
  2. roog

Nordost Blue Heaven AC Cord Review

The vitriol I see on other forums about this site is quite astonishing. My usual response is “ASR just test stuff, why does this upset you so much?”
  3. roog

Extreme Snake Oil

I would have thought that your speakers playing music would have jiggled the air about quite a bit, failing that why not dance about waving your arms about, that way you get fitter too :0)
  4. roog

Tice TPT Enhanced Line Conditioner Review

It looks like a tragic waste of both the world and human resources. At least when it was an empty wooden box it had some value.
  5. roog

NAD C298 Stereo Amplifier Review

Thank you for your reassurance, however I have previously run through the manual and I found it all a bit confusing, also I don’t recall any mention of Dirac. Perhaps there are YouTube video which might take me through the process step by step?
  6. roog

@Aventador_SVJ Can I ask is it easy enough to set up Dirac live on the mini DSP please? I am not very IT literate.
  7. roog

New Purifi amplifiers coming

I started out reading this thread with interest, but the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to agree @Jim Creek , what would I need 'that kind of power' for? Just for kicks, because I can and smoldering speakers I guess. :0~
  8. roog

EAR Yoshino 834L Deluxe Preamp Review

Thank you to @amirm and the good member who submitted the amp for testing. I like these reviews, I think it is helpful to know how such products perform especially as this one was presumably designed by a much lauded designer as TdP, it shows how far we have come and illustrates why there is no...
  9. roog

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

Very true, I recall playing around with RS232 in the early 80’s, loads of dip switches to set configurations. When using the 2496 I generally preferred to prod buttons on the front panel. An updated version would be welcome, I guess that’s what the mini dsp products do for us.
  10. roog

Behringer DCX2496 EQ Review

This is how I used the device, very convenient and quite intuitive to my simple mind and a lot more flexible /easier than mucking about designing passive crossovers. I wasn't so keen on the aged PC software interface though.
  11. roog

Having bought, (admittedly used) and still using a prestige UK brand power amplifier, Naim, the NAD looks like good value! Especially as the NAD is not only more powerful, I have no doubt it measures better, takes up less room and uses less power!
  12. roog

Thank you to @amirm and the member who loaned the amp for testing, its good to see the test results for this one. being in the UK we have less choice when it comes to economic Purifi implementations. As others have said, NAD currently have a good network of dealers here and I am able to 'prod'...
  13. roog

Mend It Mark fixed a Denafrips Athena Pre-Amp

I would agree, he also takes on a broad range of equipment, although I do like Mr Carlson's lab for the valve/tube stuff and Curious Marc for the old HP instrumentation, the obscure and US and Russian* space related stuff. *particularly fascinating to me
Top Bottom