Recent content by ronnzi

1. R

Is it worth buying an Apple TV for lossless audio?

I agree with everything you’re saying. Not sure about the best way of getting hi-res output above 48kHz over hdmi, but I would assume it’s doable on a Mac mini or similar pc-type Apple device that’s relatively recent? Not sure, so someone with more experience there should chime in.
  2. R

Quick update: After listening to quite a bit of music on my 5.2 system using the Apple TV with spatial audio (Dolby Atmos) enabled, I can say it actually makes a notable difference to me. In general, Apple’s lossless audio is great, but I will say, though it’s a little hit-and-miss (there are...
  3. R

So I ended up buying the latest model Apple TV 4K (32gb) with the new remote. To be completely honest, the audio quality difference using standard lossless over AAC is negligible. Maybe I notice the difference? Without back-to-back comparison, which I haven’t spent time doing, it’s hard to say...
  4. R

Yes, I meant I would use the Apple lightning to 3.5mm dongle, I have an iPhone 13 pro max, so I’m good there. Thanks!
  5. R

This is incredible useful - thank you! I’m going to try to track down a cable for my iPhone - did you just the 3.5mm jack? I assume that’s the only way. ‍♂️ As for using the Apple TV purely for its UI, smoothness, I was thinking about this yesterday too. If I could completely get rid of my...
  6. R

I agree - I already have Dirac Live applied to my setup (it’s 5.2, so I’m using a MiniDSP DDRC-88A). It definitely makes a huge difference!
  7. R

The Wiim Mini looks like a great option, but the only downside would be that it wouldn’t have spatial audio support from what I can tell. As mkt mentioned, if I want to check that out, it might worth the small amount more. Hmm, decisions… The Wiim Mini just looks cool to have regardless, haha.
  8. R

Hi everyone, I’m already an Apple Music subscriber, so I already have access to its lossless audio. However, I have no easy way to get lossless playback to my home theater/speaker system currently from the Apple Music service. At the moment, I listen to music on the system using the Apple...
  9. R

SVS Prime Pinnacles

No response to my legitimate questions posed? Also, yes, pretty much everything out there about the SVS pinnacles that I have found are positive, including the Audioholic review that the charts above were posted from. They note that the speaker’s response is not flat, but that the deviations...
  10. R

SVS Prime Pinnacles

Based on the spinorama data, do you think some of the faults can be successfully EQ’d? The measurements from the different angles appear fairly the same to me, so I would think yes? I’m still wrapping my head around directivity and how that impacts EQ, so I’m not entirely sure and thought I’d...
  11. R

Recommendations for Small, Relatively-Cheap Powered Stereo Speakers for Office

Hmm this is tough. Sounds like the Neumi is a better speaker than the Edifier MR4 for close to the same price, but the Neumi is bigger than what I was hoping to keep on my desk… Both seem like good options. FWIW, I’ll probably be angling them up as opposed to placing them at ear level...
  12. R

With multiple recommendations of these, I’ll certainly check them out.
  13. R

I do have a closed office, but the walls are thin. Thanks for the recommendation, they’re a little higher than my price range, but good to know if I decide to spend a little more.
  14. R

Hi Everyone, I’ve seen lots of reviews of small powered speakers that can be used near field/on desks over the past several months, but of course now that I’m on the market for a pair, I can’t seem to remember all of the ones that impressed me. I’m looking for something in the $200 range and...
Top Bottom