Recent content by ronnzi

1. R

7Hz x Crinacle Zero:2 IEM Review

I have them both, though I haven’t had much time with the Zero 2’s yet. I love my original Zero’s - I use them with my iPhone/Apple Dongle combo and Apple Music mostly. I always thought the original Zero’s were a little bass shy, but love how they do female vocals in particular. My first...
  2. R

Blue Jeans Cable Isolation Transformer Review

I’m glad I dodged this one. Recently had to purchase a ground loop isolator for two of my subs and went with the Jensen unit here: https://www.jensen-transformers.com/product/sub-2rr/ I will say, I was surprised that I seemed to lose some output at the gain level I had the subs set to, but I...
  3. R

Is there weird distortion in this track, or is it my speakers??

FYI - I think I’m able to pick out the buzzing in the lossless track via headphones now as well, though it’s not as noticeable/loud as with the Dolby Atmos track in the center channel, since it’s not divided up by channel. At around the 1:45-1:50 mark or so I’m able to pick it up on my...
  4. R

Not sure what I picture would show. It isn’t a setup issue or anything - I guess I answered my own question after going through all of this, but it would just be nice if someone else that is able to play the Apple Music Dolby Atmos encode of the song could verify that they get the same weird...
  5. R

Thanks for trying. Hmm, that’s the only way I’m able to share it through Apple Music, unfortuantely. It must just let you demo the song. If someone can play this track on an Apple TV in Dolby Atmos using a 5.1 system to check the center specifically, that will be the best way to check it anyways.
  6. R

It’s most noticeable in the center channel when playing in 5.1 Dolby Atmos (that’s where I noticed it).
  7. R

It’s Ariana Grande - No Tear Left to Cry, specifically on Apple Music in Dolby Atmos. I’m not sure how to link it, but it’s the only Dolby Atmos version of the song on the platform, as far as I’m aware.
  8. R

Hah, the more I test it, the more I’m convinced it’s the track, but it’s just a weird buzz that it would be nice if someone else confirmed they hear something weird coming from the center tweeter in this track too
  9. R

Hi, everyone. Can someone with an Apple TV hooked up to at least a 5.1 AVR over HDMI help me out here. I noticed a weird buzzing in my center channel tweeter today when I was test listen to the Dolby Atmos track “No Tears Left to Cry” by Arianna Grande. I think the weird buzzing is in the track...
  10. R

Mounting Logitech z906 LCR to the top/sides of LG C1 48" OLED TV

Hi everyone, I'm not sure exactly where the best place is to post this (I also posted this message on the AVSForums). That said, I always get great ideas from this community, so I wanted to post here as well. I'm helping a friend upgrade his computer audio setup. He insists on getting a 5.1...
  11. R

Setting up Kali LP-6v2’s for PC music/gaming

Yep, I knew that, but I wanted to make sure using RCA when the spin measurements were taken via XLR wouldn’t affect or invalidate them for my use case. Doesn’t seem like it would, but just making sure. Looks like I’m all ready to go once the new speakers arrive. Thanks again for the input!
  12. R

Hopefully last question. Just realized I’ll be using RCA, not the XLR. Is it likely to be much different in response between the two? UPDATE: Thinking about this some more, I would imagine XLR vs RCA shouldn’t impact frequency response at all. If anything, it might just impact distortion...
  13. R

Awesome, good to know. That makes it easier for me actually. Since I’ll be running Dirac for room correction anyways, I’ll just leave all the dip switches at default, correct the speaker itself a little with these PEQ settings, and then correct for the room with Dirac.
Top Bottom