Recent content by Ron Kuper

1. R

Duevel Bella-Luna "Omnidirectional" speakers

Wonder if you have plans to review speakers such as these - https://www.duevel.com/Produkte/EBLdia.shtml Interesting to me, especially since they look so artsy :) ...And also how "omnidirectional" measures.
  2. R

Roon + Tidal in exclusive mode vs. Spotify

I believe this answers it - https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/rant-newish-audiophile%E2%80%99s-terrible-first-experience-with-%E2%80%9Chi-res%E2%80%9D-on-windows.13587/#post-410656
  3. R

Roon + Tidal in exclusive mode vs. Spotify

Hello, So I've read here that same content isn't discernable between Tidal and Spotify. I wonder, is Tidal HiFi/Roon + Tidal HiFi in Exclusive Mode is measurably different (better) than Spotify which goes through the Windows audio stack? Further assumptions: Windows audio device is set to...
  4. R

Help my understanding of Digital Volume levels

Thanks, makes sense. Sharing more information I've gathered: I've tested Roon with Tidal Hifi and it is getting 44.1 from Tidal (might be content dependent). So I guess 44.1 is the best option for me. Also -VoiceMeeter (potato) doesn't seem to match to source app's sampling rate even if I use...
  5. R

Help my understanding of Digital Volume levels

Do you think going through VoiceMeeter change something in this regard? Does it means VoiceMeeter, if used and to be optimized with Spotify, needs to be set with "Preferred Main SampleRate" of 44100Hz? Will that be at the expense of other application sources which play higher sampling rates? Is...
  6. R

Help with Digital Bass Management summing formulas and other considerations

There is an additional handling of the LFE channel, and perhaps different summing formula. But anyway I wasn't saying that they're that different, just to start with getting the 2.1 formula right and take it from there. Perhaps I didn't explain myself... I am familiar with BM concepts...
  7. R

Hi Guys, Thanks a lot for helping! Why not, digging dipper into my hobby :) Just to clarify - I mentioned JRiver just as a reference. I wrote in the bottom that I'm looking to implement a similar BM scheme with EqualizerAPO that will be available system wide without having to go through the...
  8. R

In a JRiver thread there was a discussion about JRiver's BM formulas, for example - L^2 + R^2 + C^2 + SR^2 + SL^2 = LFE^2, from a post by Matt, JRiver's CTO): The thread continued long and strong about requirements for +10dB LFE attenuation and other important considerations like slopes...
  9. R

Science behind claim of MS OS Mixer bypass necessity?

Here is a link for a more detailed overview of the setup - https://community.roonlabs.com/t/howto-vsts-loudness-virtual-zones-exclusive-mode-system-notifications-other-apps-sounds-all-together-oh-and-dirac-is-there-too-8/41949/6
  10. R

Would be interesting to compare it to VoiceMeeter which sort of replaces the OS Mixer while also allowing input from multiple sources but in the form of multiple virtual audio interfaces. I use it to get the amazing EqualizerAPO without going through the OS Mixer - Roon/JRiver --> VoiceMeeter...
  11. R

*Thumbs up*! Thanks! Are there any conditions under which the sound quality is not affected? I ask since I want to use the amazing free Equalizer APO (seriously impressive project!) but the one thing it is clearly lacking is in its reliance on windows audio enhancements (in itself a clean...
  12. R

I mainly refer to shared mode / exclusive mode. But also integrated in WASPI vs. System output (Direct Sound?) vs. ASIO drivers. Is there a difference if no oversampling occure (e.g. content is equal to configured in device settings)? Is the OS mixer volume implementation good? Were...
  13. R

Power Bank that is always connected to a charger - effective?

Apparently some do. Definitely won't hurt to measure :p Btw speaking of batteries, when you test USB power from your laptop... Isn't it sort of battery powered?
  14. R

Power Bank that is always connected to a charger - effective?

But extremely inconvenient. Non of the usb chargers (inc. originals from LG, Samsung, Apple...) have a ground pin. All are just 2 pins.
Top Bottom