Recent content by romnation

1. R

Storage large amounts of large audio equipment in storage unit

I will need to store some expensive audio equipment for a significant period and will have the equipment in a climate controlled storage unit. I am a bit worried about the possibility of rats and other pests. What is the best / safest way to store items such as large amps and large bookshelf...
  2. R

Looking for small active STEREO speakers I can throw in a carry on bag and travel with

With my job I travel very often and spend a large amount of my time sitting in front of a laptop in airbnbs and hotel rooms. I'm looking for the best STEREO audiophile speakers out there that I can throw in a carry on bag and travel with. These will get used sitting in front of a laptop 99% of...
  3. R

Is there any point in upgrading from JDS Labs Atom + Topping D10S for Sennheiser 800S

I just purchased Sennhesier 800S and this is my setup. Will I be missing anything sound quality wise with this low price amp/dac setup or is this sufficent?
  4. R

Is it okay to stack components - Specifically Headphone amp + DAC?

I have heard with high powered stereo components it is unwise to stack gear on top of each other due to EMI. Is this a concern with low powered headphone gear? The gear I would be stacking is JDS Labs Atom + Topping D10S. Also if stacking is okay, which unit should go on top?
  5. R

How would I go about measuring the noise floor of my entire system?

I have a very complicated system which includes a preamp, and active crossover, a power amp and the system also goes from XLR to RCA before it hits the amp. I'd like to measure how much noise is in my system. Is this possible? What tools would I need and how would I go about this? Thanks
Top Bottom