Recent content by RolfNoot

1. R

Topping D10s + iPhone X + Spotify: only 44.1KHz

I'm on iPhone X / iOS15.02 but it's not Apple Music, it's Spotify. I guess Spotify just outputs 44.1KHz. I'll try if I can play some music with Apple music without subscription.
  2. R

Now I got the picture. Basically those providers are streaming in whatever quality and do the decoding inside their app and send it out raw on 44.1 / 48 KHz. They can tell you 'super high quality' but it's all under the hood hard to check. Probably it's a secured stream as well, hard to see the...
  3. R

Magnepan MMG & DSP

Hi all, I recently found a pair of Magnepan MMG's listed for not a lot of money and I bought them just to get an idea why some people are so lyrical about Magnepan. I hooked them up and I have to say they sound amazing! It's not to be compared with a box speaker. Although the measurements and...
  4. R

Thanks. Yes, I came to that conclusion. If I am right, the decoder is inside the Spotify app and it just spits out the decompressed audio at 44.1KHz. Thanks a lot for the insights! :)
  5. R

Next time, plan a few days in Amsterdam, it’s great!
  6. R

I think it’s displaying the sample-rate and not the bitrate. So it should be fine indeed. The DAC does not have any buttons and I wonder if it can display bitrate.
  7. R

I mean upgrade the iOS. And yes Apple is forcing, I start noticing lags with scrolling, which I never had before. tThat’s why I still use the older iOS.
  8. R

This is all I got on iPhone X / iOS15.02 (yes I need to update ☺️)
  9. R

This is what it shows (not mine tho, not in my room right now)
  10. R

I don’t have that setting, weird… Only Settings>Music>Mobile Streaming which is set to high quality
  11. R

The Netherlands. I’m not known with the DAC and I have no idea how to display it. It might be that’s it’s good anyway.
  12. R

Thanks, I was thinking the higher samplerate results in better anti-alias filtering and less noise. I might be confused as well with the bitrate as I’m not known with the DAC. Is there a way to show the bitrate on this DAC?
  13. R

Hi, I’m using the D10s DAC to play Spotify on my iPhone X, together with the Apple CCK cable and an external USB power supply. The displays only shows 44.1KHz whichever song I choose. I’ve changed the audio quality in Spotify settings to very high and I have a solid WiFi connection. Why is the...
Top Bottom