Recent content by Roland68

1. R

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

There is probably not such a big difference in performance in pure stereo operation. In both devices there are only 2 power transistors per channel. The HDAM are in the small signal range and were beaten by good OPAmps 25 years ago. More marketing than anything else. Try bi-amping on one channel...
  2. R

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

That would interest me too. A song like that should cause the protective circuit to respond not only with other HPAs, but also with normal amplifiers.
  3. R

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

You should take a look at the offer with the Marantz Cinema70s for € 647.50 or 628.08 with bank transfer (3% discount). Basically the same device with more power amplifiers and additional AV functionality. A look at the devices shows that the additional power amplifiers are simply missing in the...
  4. R

Topping A70 Pro HP & Preamp Review

This is called crosstalk and you will find it on many devices if you look for it or check it. It is also due to these small devices, where there is no possibility of keeping components and conductor tracks at a distance. Ground Lift cannot help at this point. It is intended to separate or raise...
  5. R

Amplification and The HE6se v2

You forget the most important thing. By far the greatest differences can be found from person to person. Be it highs, mids or bass, what one person finds too much is not enough for another. The same applies to volume. Our ears are also very individual, and the measuring heads with ears are just...
  6. R

Amplification and The HE6se v2

I just connected my L50 (same power and power amp as L30 II) and it is more than sufficient for the HE6se V2, with and without EQ. On high gain I can't turn the volume control above 11:00; personally, the L50 at the medium gain level is completely sufficient for me. The same with the L70. Low...
  7. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

@Eric Alexander has a much bigger problem. If the manufacturer of the measurement system, or someone else, oversees a retest and finds it correct, it will be an extreme blow to the company's and his reputation.
  8. R

Do CD players sound different to each other?

Just like you said, it couldn't be truer. The only addition to this would be jitter in the digital area, which can occur anywhere. But with well-developed devices it has never been a problem, the countermeasures work perfectly and the jitter has never been as low as it is today.
  9. R

Where can I download good quality music for free?

I think people like that are great. You are probably one of those people who work completely for free. Your boss will definitely appreciate your efforts. And you are definitely grateful to your boss for rewarding you with a thank you instead of a salary. Music production costs money and not only...
  10. R

I don't know what track you're on (maybe it's the VHS tapes?), but you're on the wrong track. I know the old Sony machines and even worked with them in the 90s, but they were already outdated by then. But really nice pieces. But the algorithms you are talking about were only necessary for...
  11. R

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

In the video you can see what the right press for such housings looks like. A stamp presses down, then the mold is folded on the right and left and then the outer two stamps come with tens of tons of contact pressure.
  12. R

If a comparison is made when ripping, where should the sonic differences come from? There are enough tools with which you can make a BIT accurate comparison. They have nothing to measure, because there is no unit smaller than bits. If you hear a tonal difference, it's coming from jitter on the...
  13. R

Hi-End Floor Standing Speaker Production Process / 落地揚聲器製作過程 (音響製造) - Taiwan Speaker Factory

Pressing the housing into a film made of many layers (nothing other than plywood) is a good idea, but the pressing force is far too low in such a form, but cheap. This type of stamp press comes from furniture construction, but is unsuitable for such large surface pressure, where the highest...
  14. R

I'm just pointing out old Lego kits for two-figure amounts that sell for several thousand today. Or individual Lego figures for up to €5000 each... a Lego figure...:facepalm: These CD players as collector's items are special offers, they only cost a fraction of the new price and not x times as...
  15. R

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

That would rarely work. It's always just an approximation, but the more difficult and complex the speaker, the further away the simulation can be. For a simple DIY 2-way speaker with no frills, ok. With experience you can tune something like this by ear. But loudspeakers that are produced in...
Top Bottom