Recent content by robin79

1. R

Importance of USB audio stream latency?...

UPDATE I amend my own conclusion in the previous post: I confirm the reasoning, in general, but I have understood that the above lines are non-sense... :facepalm: When fed with a low latency data stream, the DAC converts 8 frames each 0.2ms, while in high latency converts many more frames in...
  2. R

Hi, I took some time to explore and test before replying: thanks to your suggestions I have gained interesting insights and also improvements (yeah!), so thanks again. I will start answering to your last post and then I'll expand the topic. I didn't get this specific comment, actually: I think...
  3. R

Nice comment. ALSA is a kernel layer, the abstraction offered by Linux just above the low level device drivers: it's a passive software component, like a library, that "exposes" the devices to higher layers. I guess that the most similar component in Windows may be the Kernel Streaming layer...
  4. R

My girlfriend, she's a programmer (too), I just seat on the sofa with my headphones, she controls the system and: A) plays a song with low latency B) plays the same song with high latency X) plays again one way or the other and asks me which one is it. Thanks for your contribute!
  5. R

Thanks for the suggestion. The DX7 Pro explicitly states "USB mode: asynch" in its configuration menu, and looking at the USB device properties from the OS' command line the mode is qualified as "asynchronous" (and that's the only mode that is shown, you can have more than one mode with other...
  6. R

We do agree on the concept, clearly, but the empirical result says something different :) I really encourage anyone to make a test, if they can: I have experienced the same with my previous DAC, based on ESS9018, now is the ESS9038Pro, but it's sure that the sound is better feeding it with a...
  7. R

Hi all, I have signed up only very recently, I hope I'm not posting on the wrong forum/sub-forum, please redirect me to the right one in case, thanks. I'm a happy owner of a DX7 Pro DAC, it is an awesome device and I couldn't be happier. In my system I stream audio to the DAC from a mini-itx...
  8. R

Just for fun: hypotetic ideal stereo digital audio streaming?

Thank you very much NTK for your feedback! Starting from the end, I've read (two times) the article you shared, I can't get it completely because of my limited knowledge, what I have deducted is in terms of preconception and the complexity of the real world: "direct digital" is assumed to be...
  9. R

Just for fun: hypotetic ideal stereo digital audio streaming?

Disclaimer: I'm a newbie and not an expert in electronics at all, I just read a lot here and I'm a curious guy... so please, don't blast me if I write silly things :) The game is to imagine an ideal-yet-minimal configuration (in electronics terms) for streaming digital stereo. On the basis of...
Top Bottom