Recent content by Roberto

1. R

Review and Measurements of Chromecast Audio Digital Output

Didn’t know that. So, where does that leave your original question?
  2. R

I stream Tidal lossless (16bit / 44.1kHz) via optical from CCA into a Topping D50. The D50 display always shows 24bit. So, the bit depth is getting padded out somewhere. Don’t know if it’s the CCA or the D50.
  3. R

Topping D50s DAC Volume Control in analog domain?

Unfortunately, my set up can’t decode MQA (some would say fortunately). I’m only streaming Tidal lossless. So, hopefully I’m ok around -30dB
  4. R

I stream from Tidal HiFi. So, maybe it’s nothing to worry about.
  5. R

gvl, Can you quantify way down below -30dB? I rarely use my D50 any louder than -30dB. I have always wondered if I could improve sound quality using less digital attenuation, say with a less sensitive power amp. Or is around -30dB ok?
  6. R

Could you please also try: 1. CCA > Topping NX4DSD > Headphones 2. CCA > Topping D50 > Topping NX4DSD > Headphones This would test CCA internal DAC v Topping D50 DAC
  7. R

Topping D90 Balanced USB DAC Review

You are correct. Rigel had the good manners to start a separate thread. PPP should do the same.
  8. R

Entertainment with the Topping D90.

Rigel, Very impressive. You could start a business making this modification to D90s. However, I think your warranty is now void. Still can’t understand why Topping can’t fit a proper volume knob.
  9. R

You are correct, and these are my assumptions too. However, it would have been good to have it tested.
  10. R

I think the original review left some members at a loose end because the best measurements were obtained using Roon. Subsequent posts requested that Amirm test the CCA directly from Tidal to rule out any influence that Roon could have on the results. Unfortunately, I dont think his ever...
  11. R

Great job. That‘s how Topping should have done it.
  12. R

That would be great. Many people complain about the volume control.
  13. R

Rigel, “ and that is why I have put a rotor.” That sound interesting. Can you explain exactly what you did?
  14. R

Thanks for the clarification. I think we can assume the price is not 800EUR.
  15. R

Just had a look. It’s listed at 988EUR - and the registration page isn’t working. Even If I manage to register and buy it tax free, won’t I have to pay tax somewhere along the line, plus shipping? Purchase tax in the UK is 20%. I can’t see how I can buy this for 800EUR - at least not legally!
Top Bottom