Recent content by Robert R

1. R

Theory Audio?

Anyone have experience with or measurements of Theory Audio products? Considering on/in walls for HT build.
  2. R

Ariatechnik speakers?

Has anyone heard of this company or its products? No mention anywhere on this site or the AVS forum, or anywhere on the web. The only description of their "technology" is this: "Wave Synergy™ Characteristic of the Ariatechnik Wave Synergy™ loudspeaker design is that it presents a large...
  3. R

Using a Stereo Input Ceiling speaker for both Surround and Atmos channel

Understood. The problem is that there are no walls where I can place the surrounds at ear level. So this is a hack, I admit.
  4. R

I must apologize if I was unclear in my original post. There will be two of these speakers, each one providing both the surround and Atmos channels. So one speaker provides LS and TopLeftRear and the other provides RS and TopRightRear. I've seen numerous installs where the surrounds are in...
  5. R

A lot of companies make stereo input ceiling speakers that have two tweeters, each for a separate channel. They are typically used where you have limited space, but want 2 channel sound. Products like JBL Arena 6ICDT, Focal 100 IC 6-ST etc. Instead of using for L/R, what would the result be...
  6. R

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

Grimani and PMI (Anthony's design company) has a show room in Novato. That said, I hired him directly back when COVID was in full swing, and without a demo, based on his work and reputation and previous contacts I had with him over the years.
  7. R

Grimani Systems Rixos-L Review (Active DSP Speaker)

That is correct and more so. Last year I hired Anthony to design my HT in a remodel in Napa. The design entails a room within a room for total sound isolation from the rest of the house. The design includes wall and ceiling framing plans, HVAC layout (grill size and placement is critical!)...
  8. R

Golden Trapagon: Ideal vs Reality?

Thanks, that was my assumption.
  9. R

Thanks. I have a bunch of room mode calculators I've sourced and developed in spreadsheets, but I have to say the first link above is one I've never seen before, and very cool. As to speaker locations, I'm going theater style so in the plane of the screen, and viewing distance based on screen...
  10. R

I'm about to embark on the design of HT in a house we're remodeling. I've got plenty of room for a decent size and design (at least 10x6x23, room within a room, etc.). Searching the net, there's lots of sites that assert that the Golden Trapagon is the preferred shape. Few of these sites are...
  11. R

Transparent Sound Speakers

At least these are aesthetically pleasing... https://www.waterfallaudio.com/en/collection-glass-speakers/
  12. R

PS Audio Noise Harvester AC Cleaner Review

Like many of you, I've been reading the audio review literature for the better part of 40 years, likely by now several thousand reviews. And by happy coincidence, I've written professionally on the topic of the laws of nature. Amir, I must say that I believe the above sentence is one of the...
  13. R

What you need to know about the virus in China "2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)"

My wife has been making masks from old duvet covers and blue Jeans. An internal pocket holds a panel of HEPA material cut from vacuum cleaner bags. I bought this particle counter to test effectiveness. Here a pic of a baseline measurement in our dining room. I used a kitchen funnel over...
Top Bottom