Recent content by rlwings

1. R

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Kind of a random question but has anybody successfully got the i2s input to work on the D90SE using SMSL's newer DDC - " PO100 PRO"? ... Or maybe have you had success with the older DDC - Douk Audio U2 Pro? - May I ask what settings worked for you? - Can't seem to get my new SMSL to pass a PCM 2...
  2. R

Marantz Model 30

Thinking the same thing, thanks.
  3. R

Marantz Model 30

Thanks, ya, I googled it too- found nothing! - Yes, it has a 5-yr warranty however I just hate sending 'polished' electronics to some guy just to be thrown around a bench somewhere. Lol, I am kinda OCD about scratches, etc... :) ... But I guess it's gotta be done. I never use the tone controls...
  4. R

Marantz Model 30

Hey guys. So I've had my Model 30 for some time now but I am experiencing an issue. It seems that one of the channels cuts out whenever I turn the tone controls on. I need to turn the tone controls on\off a few times (or play some music for a while) in order to 'coax' the effected channel to...
  5. R

Nad m10 v2 vs Marantz model 30 vs nad c399 vs Naim Nait XS 3 which one is best?

That's true, but the Marantz is highly underrated in it's published specs... It has been tested to output approx 180W into 8 ohms and 265W into 4 ohms- Don't be fooled, it's a true powerhouse utilizing Hypex modules partially desingned by Marantz for impedance control. It will drive any speaker...
  6. R

Nad m10 v2 vs Marantz model 30 vs nad c399 vs Naim Nait XS 3 which one is best?

I want to say get the Marantz Model 30 (I own 2 of them, lol) for best sound quality. The Model 30 acts like sperates in a single box utilizing dual power supplies, very well-done class D amplification which produces unprecedented power and control control over any speakers, as well as Marantzs'...
  7. R

Both the D90SE and the D90LE have the XMOS 16-core XU216 processor.
  8. R

I see, thanks. I guess it's a little more involved then I thought... Anyway, I hope the ASIO 'fix', which now appears to exist. emerges from Topping soon.
  9. R

Hey guys, I don't know if it's been mentioned yet but the Topping D90SE has received a USB driver update V5.45 and can be accessed here: https://www.tpdz.net/newsinfo/748003.html And the changelog can be accessed here: https://www.thesycon.de/usbaudio/TUSBAudio_history.txt Unfortunately...
  10. R

The D90SE\LE doesn't have that bass feature but possibly you are over-driving your preamp. Try going from 5V to 4V in the DAC's settings. Also try restarting everything. Your bass issue happens to me once and a while and I find that a PC\DAC restart resets the Windows drivers and solves the...
  11. R

You can press M on the remote
  12. R

Fair enough... Just thought he'd want to come back and follow up on his creation since he was here during it's launch. Got the feeling he was pretty proud of it.
  13. R

Just installed the newest D90SE firmware today... I have some thoughts: First and foremost I was immediately shocked (in a good way) that Topping seems to have 'played' with the sound. (PCM over USB (and RCA) at 5V (setting) with driver set to [email protected]) - Tidal. My god, the spaciousness...
  14. R

Just noticed Topping posted a new driver for the D90SE (and other models) - V5.30 ! - Anybody see the changelog? What changed? :)
Top Bottom