Recent content by rlwings

1. R

Topping D90SE Review (Balanced DAC)

Probably... Or maybe ther're not selling as planned. :\ - I did my part though. I bought two of them! - Love 'em!
  2. R

Just noticed the Topping D90SE received a big price drop on Amazon Canada! $1,169 -> $993 (CAD of course).
  3. R

Any ides what changed with the new driver? - Anybody know? (Other than Windows 11 compatibility)
  4. R

Denon DRA-800H Review (Stereo Receiver)

Denon and Marantz products are always discounted by 40+% at model year's end. (Best Buy Canada) This is the time to buy them. It's the only time that the price reflects their acceptable value.... But the last couple of years this didn't happen. Covid has become the big 'excuse' - In reality...
  5. R

LOl, I think it might be the other way around. The MQA version will become the collector's item. :}
  6. R

Hey guys. I made an interesting discovery about the D90SE getting so hot... When I first set it up it got really hot... But after I changed filters from the default "3" to "7" the heat decreased by a very significant amount... Try it for an hour or so. Maybe I'm crazy, I don't know.... Note: I'm...
  7. R

Lol, I changed my mind and deleted my post... But yes, it is a bit weird about Samsung. :)
  8. R

Yeah that would be great if they gave us the way to loosen up the timing. Even my home built Asus computer has issues with USB to this DAC.
  9. R

Ok, so I guess I will use mode 7 on the D90SE from now on to calibrate using Dirac in order to get the least per-ringing as this is the more likely perceivable component over frequency accuracy. Thanks! - I did a hearing test last night and apparently I can't hear anything past 12,000khz!
  10. R

So which filter did you find had the least per-ringing? - (Sorry, I am not good at understanding graphs and tech stuff, lol)
  11. R

Makes sense, thanks. I wonder if choosing a certain filter would make a difference to guys like us that use Dirac room correction which claims to correct the time domain\impulse response. - Would choosing one filter over another be better for calibrating with Dirac algorithms? - Hmm...
  12. R

Thanks! - Hey did you did you see this yet? > https://archimago.blogspot.com/2021/09/measurements-review-topping-d90se-dac.html?m=1 According to this guy filter #5 would be best, lol... So confusing for us guys that just want to be told which filter to use. :)
  13. R

This is awesome! Thank you very much for doing it! - So for us less technical folk would you say that the best filter to use is #7 or am I missing something here? (John seems to say #3 is best).
  14. R

Looking foreword to seeing your results! :)
Top Bottom