Recent content by RJO

1. R

Sabaj A30a announced

I only have a MacBook but I might be able to borrow a windows laptop. So to apply the FW do I just connect thru USB and the downloaded file will automatically search the device once unzipped? @Toku and the rest, appreciate all the input. I just got mine delivered and will test it this weekend.
  2. R

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

Just a quick update, I finally received my replacement after they confirmed that the BT module was defective. I put it through its paces for a week now ensuring all inputs and outputs are in good working condition. This AIO seemingly punches above its weight in price/ performance (at least...
  3. R

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Totally agree, you described it best in this thread.
  4. R

I'm not so sure EQ can fix having more layers of detail or depth in sound, and I'm not even against Harman.
  5. R

I honestly don't know if the FD7 complies to the Harman curve but I know its FD5 closely does. But even if it doesn't I still think it sounds better after volume-level matching the two. Maybe it's the casing or beryllium drivers...I don't know. I'm just going by my ears YMMV
  6. R

Those pretty much sums up my impressions of the Zero. It's like comparing a very good cheap bookshelf speaker to a hi-end one where it doesn't match the sound depth, resolution and detail in the mids and upper registers...I mean it's not bad as I was truly impressed when I first listened to it...
  7. R

This! I've had the Zero for over a month now and let me just say that it doesn't hold a candle to my Fiio FD7.
  8. R

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

@Dan Clark will both the Stealth and Expanse be available for demos at the Canjam SoCal this weekend? It's in my neighborhood and I'm thinking of going this Saturday.
  9. R

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Is it more comfortable to wear for long periods than the Stealth?
  10. R

Sabaj A20d 2022 Version Owners Feedback

It supports all BT codecs. I was able to use it for the first time in LDAC mode, however next day, I wasn’t getting any signals and is no longer working. I’ve been dealing with their customer support troubleshooting it back and forth, so they sent me another BT antenna for testing.
  11. R

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

^Thanks for posting pics. I’m expecting mine next week and will be using it for an IEM because the Sabaj A20d I recently bought causes static noise at the output port whenever the jack gets plugged in. It doesn’t happen with my digital player; I’m hoping that it won’t happen here as well. With...
  12. R

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Only during the connection process with a Fiio FD7, there’s no noise before or once the music starts. I don’t have this issue when connecting it with my Shanling M8 DAP, so it appears to be the A20d causing it.
  13. R

Sabaj A20d 2022 Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

Got mine yesterday for my IEM and MacBook as directly connecting the IEM to my Mac initially causes static noise. I was under the impression that sensitive IEMs will do fine with this unit, however, whenever I insert my IEM thru a 6.5 adapter jack I’m still getting the same static noise; but it...
  14. R

Mark Levinson No 5909 Headphone Review

I may have found one but in the form of an IEM, called Fiio FD7. It may not hit the magical tonality curve, at least, not on paper because it's their other model the FD5 which you had recently reviewed that had put claims on it. However, this FD7 seemed to have tamed some of the unwanted peaks...
  15. R

Mark Levinson 5909, new ANC wireless cans that advertise use of the Harman curve

The new Master & Dynamic MW75 appears to have a similar build and Beryllium driver-coating applied. Who knows, it may be under the same make with just a different software and lack of Harman tuning involved...or advertised. :)...
Top Bottom