Recent content by Rja4000

1. R

RME ADI-2 Pro as preamp for two systems simultaneously?

Hi I learned something today ! Thanks ! Indeed, there is the option for "Dig. Audio source" that allows to route the EQd signal to Main 1+2 to AES in several mode.
  2. R

Help - RME ADI-2 experts and preamp suggestions

You mean for DSD playback ? Do you think it would make a difference to play it in, say, PCM 192k ? Then you keep all DSP power.
  3. R

Indeed. I first thought the 8320 had it too, but I just realized the manual is for both the 8320 and the 8330. The 8330 has an AES input while the 8320 does not.
  4. R

Need advice on what amp to pair with Topping D10s

What Amir meant is that if your amp can drive to full power with as little as 1V (or up to 2V), you should not bother about any negative impact from the DAC, because, in that range of DAC output, the D10s performance is equal or better to the very best amps out there. Including crazy expensive...
  5. R

If you want to connect the Genelec with a digital link (which makes sense), you can route a separate signal to them from a PC connected in USB (Multichannel mode) to the RME and connect the Genelec to the RME's AES out. You won't have any control on the RME for this link: volume and any...
  6. R

I think the AES out level would be fixed. And not all Genelec have an internal DAC. What you may do, for sure, is hang the Genelec to the Main 1+2 XLR out and the secundary system to the Phones 3+4 (with an adapter cable). You then would have 2 fully separated Stereo DACs, with dedicated EQ...
  7. R

What are the most expensive headphones you own or have listened to?

Stax Lambda. Loooooong time ago. I still own the (relatively) inexpensive electret Stax SR44 I purchased in... 1979. Other than that, my current Focal Elegia isn't cheap either. And I like it. (Although the output level is too low when driven from the Yamaha DM1000 mixer headphones output. But...
  8. R

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

RME ADI-2 Pro fs R - Mono Loopback Loopback is cumulating DAC and ADC Distortion and Noise ! For 85% of the range between -1dBu and +24dBu, the loopback SINAD is at or above 113dB To achieve this, DAC performance has to be better by some margin.
  9. R

RME ADI-2 FS Version 2 DAC and Headphone Amp Review

Not directly, but you just need a few (4) of those: https://www.musicstore.com/en_OT/EUR/MUSIC-STORE-Adaptor-RCA-To-Jack-/art-ACC0001177-000;pgid=sgLg.FiqjH5SRpKjxnSQqX5z0000NNjvpe7N
  10. R

Need a good DAC pairing for the 2.0 stereo

That's about what we try to achieve here: The only way out of this kind of labyrinth is that every component is just (measurably) "clean" and transparent. Otherwise its an endless puzzle. That's why Amir started to measure speakers. Transparent DACs and amps are easy to find nowadays and...
  11. R

SINAD being measured with a single tone, thats the same then -[THD+N], as far as I know. (SINAD is a positive figure)
  12. R

What he means by "insignificant" is that you won't hear (ever) any sound degradation due to the DAC. That means it will perfectly do the job. You may find your amp's specs here: http://www.rega.co.uk/brio-2017.html#panel2 Input 2-5 (line) input sensitivity = 210mV at 47kΩ Maximum input 2-5...
  13. R

As the Brio is an integrated amp, you just need a good USB DAC with fixed volume. I'd give this one a try. Don't be fooled by the price: look at the measured performances! You may spend the remaining money on a Roon lifetime license, as an example.
  14. R

Jazz ♫ Music only | In the now, or recently, or that you love...

I like this one : One of my last Recordings / Mix, from a live session with JF Foliez and Laplaca - Foliez Quartet (Video was added later) Please forgive mistakes. I'm not a pro.
  15. R

Microphone preamp measurements: How to get the signal level right

The same transformers I introduced in my test, with the JDI :-)
Top Bottom