Recent content by Rifmon

1. R

IOTAVX SA3 Stereo Amplifier Review

There is a 34th review on the Iota site.... all positive. I bought a totally recapped Nikko II and Nikko Beta 20. Professionally restored. They are in their shipping boxes still. I intend to hook them up. If I don't like them, I'll sell them... Ironically and illogically, I bought this with no...
  2. R

I bet it’ll really shine in that setting.
  3. R

Wow the ToneWinners is incredible! The Chinese manufacturers are not what they were. Someday Made in China may be coveted similar to Made in Japan. Anyway, Thanks to Amir's review (thank you Amir) I was able to close the door on the Iota. In no way do I mean that it is not a great option but...
  4. R

Wow. Thanks so much Amir! I’m glad to see it get a recommendation despite a few shortcomings. The DAC can be circumvented easily. As an overall package and price point it’s a good deal. The rating at 4 ohms isn’t quite as advertised but still not bad. I would be buying the SA3 and PA3...
  5. R

High current amplifiers?

So you’re saying......?@“:-). Haha. Just kidding. I understand what you’re saying about current being dependent on voltage to drive it. And I understand that my concern for the lowest resistance dips on my speakers may be overblown. The rest of your explanation is a little over my head. I...
  6. R

High current amplifiers?

Bingo, I think specs and ratings of all amps should have continuity. One amp specifies "with both channels driven"... another doesn't. One states both channels driven but then omits at what frequencies. One shows at 8 ohms and another shows 8 and 4 ohms. It pretty much has been driving me nuts...
  7. R

IOTAVX SA3 Integrated Amplifier

Thanks wje. I hope he’s feeling better! This will certainly be interesting whatever the results are. I remain hopeful.
  8. R

Thanks! That’s pretty confirming if all the reviews. Amazing! I won’t be getting a subwoofer. My speakers extend to 32 hz convincingly so it would be interesting to see how they would respond to this unit. Again thanks for your early impressions.
  9. R

I just filled my cart haha...... but wait? Should I wait? Oh too torment. Can you share any more on your impressions of this stack? What were you using before the arrival and hook up of your new Iottavx stack? BTW, looked up those speakers. Really nice! I like the look of those and they get...
  10. R

Nice! What speakers are you using?
  11. R

Well this gives me further pause. Yikes. Oh well, then there are plenty of stories where brand new units function just past the warranty. I had one person tell me that he will only restore units that are pure pre amp and Amps. No usb, no blue tooth and not even remote control capabilities...
  12. R

When I read that the Iotavx was going to be reviewed here I was thrilled since it was on my short list. I therefore marked the date. Tomorrow is 8 weeks. I would’ve bought something by now be it the Iotavx or another option but I know what would’ve happened. The next day the review would...
  13. R

Yup. Same seller. I spoke with Lou. I came very close to buying that! Haha. Glad you got it. He had it on eBay too with a slightly higher price to offset the 10% eBay commission. I saw it on eBay and tracked it down directly to Lou. MF is a good brand. again, glad you got it as you have...
  14. R

For $799.00 ? Listed on eBay? I came real close to buying that one haha. I was on the phone with the seller too. Nice guy. Good deal. I just never went through with it. That’s a good amp. I’m still waiting. Amir is rattling through a oF lot of reviews. Just not if the ioutavx!
Top Bottom