Recent content by rieku123

1. R

Hifiman Edition XS

Guys, this sounds very weird, I am usually against all types of snake oil. But changing the cable out from stock has improved sound quality for me. Bass sounds less muddy and mids and highs clearer. If this goes against rules feel free to delete this and if anyone has the XS's and would like to...
  2. R

Hifiman Edition XS bass rattling?

La Roux - In for the Kill (Skream remix) My time stamp is at around 0:25.
  3. R

At lower volumes, there is no rattling, but when I up the volume to listenable levels, I can still hear rattling even up to 50hz. There is a specific song I hear rattling in. Would you mind checking it out? I've timestamped the bass-heavy portion of the song. I do admit I do listen to it...
  4. R

It straight up sounds like rattling, I don't really hear the moving forwards thing.
  5. R

Hello people, I am experiencing rattle at lower frequencies and am wondering if it's normal. https://www.audiocheck.net/soundtests_headphones.php In the 'Quality' section of this test, the really low frequencies there's quite a bit of rattle, is this normal? Thanks!
  6. R

Cheapest DAC to combo with the Topping L50?

That makes sense, It goes PC -> DAC -> AMP -> Headphones, right? Still a noob so bear with me lol. So shall I just go with the dongle, or do you have any other recommendations? I have a D10 Balanced on the way but it did put me way over budget for what I would have liked to spend (had a £60...
  7. R

I was just thinking, would there be problems if I decide to run my Edition XS balanced using the apple dongle as my DAC? If not, why do balanced DAC's even exist?
  8. R

I remember reading that there was a limit to how much power it could handle on some forum somewhere and I kinda took it as fact... that's amazing, I really am considering it. But of course, I do have money to spare so I would be happily open to other recommendations. Thank you for your reply!
  9. R

Hi people, I am kind of new to the game so please bear with me. I've heard that there isn't really much of a sound upgrade when comparing cheaper DAC's to more expensive ones and that you are paying for features at the higher end. I don't really need any features other than transparent sound...
  10. R

Please help me find a DAC/AMP for Hifiman Edition XS? Topping DX3 Pro+ distorts and nearly blew up!

Hello everyone, I am struggling to find a suitable AMP/DAC for my Hifiman Edition XS. I recently purchased a Topping DX3 Pro+ and encountered a weird issue. When testing out the headphone's bass capabilities at loud volume, the headphone started making this loud clicking noise which made me...
Top Bottom